Chapter 9

*Avery*

Christopher... Something about that name was strikingly familiar. I didn't know any Christophers, except, of course, for the ones at my school, but that was it. Why was it eating away at me so bad? I couldn't figure it out and it puzzled me even more. 

It was so frustrating! As we walked I kept turning the thought in my head. "Avery!" 

My head jerked up at the sound of my name, "Huh?" 

He rolled his blue eyes, "Jesus fucking Christ Sinclair." He shook his head, "I have apparently been having an entire conversation with myself for the past five minutes because you're so self absorbed." 

"I am not self absorbed!" I defended with an eye roll; growing accustomed to his insults. "I was just... thinking is all." I shrugged.

"Thinking?" He repeated with a raised eyebrow and sideways glance.

"Yes, thinking." I shot him a side glare and I could've sworn I almost saw a ghost of a smile. 

"Thinking about what? How devilishly handsome I am?" He smirked as he put his hands in his pockets. 

Instead of rolling my eyes I admired his profile. He had a strong jaw line and his nose was just the right size for his face. His eyes were striking; they weren't sunken in or protruding either but just right. His lashes were long and dark- brushing his brow bone. His lips were nice. The bottom was full and the top matched it well with it's cupid bow. Their color a nice rosy pinkish red. I thought of how amazing it would be to draw him.

"Enjoying the view?" I quickly looked away and felt my face heating more and more. "You know, when I said I was devilishly handsome it wasn't exactly an open invitation to stare. Besides, I hear staring is rude and I admit, you didn't peg me as a rude person."

"Shut up." I mumbled and shoved him to the side. 

"You didn't answer the question." He raised his thick eyebrow with a smirk.

I frowned, "What question?" When had he asked a question?

"What were you thinking about?" 

I felt my face heating up. No way in heck was I telling him. "Nothing." I shook my head.

"Oh no you don't. I demand a real answer. You made me have an entire conversation with myself, so get to explaining." He rolled his eyes. 

"Really, it was nothing." I shrugged and kept my gaze dead ahead on the pavement.

"Bullshit. It must have been something to keep you that out of it." He glared from the side of his eye.

"I said it's nothing! Drop it!" I snapped; getting frustrated with him. If we were at home I would go to my room and slam the door. 

He pulled his head back, "Ohh getting feisty there Scarlett." 

My head snapped to his direction, eyes bulging and face flaming, "Don't call me that." 

Of course, he smirked, "Nah, I like it. It's staying."

"No, it isn't. Now don't call me it again." I pursed my lips.

"You don't scare me Scarlett." He smirked as I stopped and glared daggers at his face.

"Stop it Skylar."  I snapped and balled my fists.

"Or what? You're gonna hit me?" He snorted, "I'm so terrified." 

I shoved him, "I said stop!"