Chapter 1

(A/N Strong language here my loves!! Some scenes in this story can be triggers for some. Read at your own risk!! This isn't your typical story. Don't comment your hate or how messed up this story will get. I don't care. Enjoy! -xoxo)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° 

*Avery*

I stared at the empty room I'd now be calling my own. I hated this stupid place.

The walls were a turquoise color and the bed had a dark brown theme with turquoise sheets. Overall the whole room was brown and turquoise, down to the mahogany floor. Ugh.

Yet, to be truthful, the scheme worked with the room. But I still hated it. It wasn't my room. It wasn't the room I'd lived in for sixteen years. It didn't hold my memories.

With a sigh I placed my first box on the stupid bed and walked out to get the others from the moving van.

Headed to the stairs I was shoved, "Hey!" I snapped as I grabbed the banister to steady myself.

"Get out the way, stupid bitch." Snapped a cold voice that gave me terrified chills.

He walked down the stairs and didn't look back.

"I hate you!" I yelled to his narrow back.

He stopped. Oh crab cakes. He turned painfully slowly. I could feel the fear on my face as he held a huge sarcastic smile, "Oh my God! That is so cute!" He gushed.

"W-What?" My mind stopped. What had he said? "What's so cute?"

"The fact that you actually think I give a flying fuck." He spat before he disappeared

My heart was still pounding as I stood on the landing. Holy crackers.

I walked down the stairs on shaky legs. Jeez, I hated that kid. What was his problem?

"Avery, you okay?" Matt asked as he came out of the moving van; carrying a box of my mother's things.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine, Matt." I sharply stated as I stomped into the van for my things.

He stopped and turned back, "Av-"

"No, Matt. I'm not 'okay'. I'm being forced to move in here! In case you haven't noticed, I don't want to! I don't want some turquoise room! I want my room! I want my mom! I want my life!" I screamed. I stormed into the house and ran upstairs. I slammed the door and threw myself on the bed.

A tap came on the door, "Avery... Can I come in?"

"Your house. You can do whatever you want." I huffed into the comforter, which was actually really soft and nice. He walked in and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Look... Avery, I know this is hard. But I want us to be a family, or as close as we can get to one. I really do love and care about your mom. And believe this or not, but I care about you too. This.. this isn't easy for any of us. But I'm trying. You can paint the room, you can graffiti it, change the sheets, or whatever okay? I want you to be comfortable here. I want you to be happy. And... I'm sorry." He patted my shoulder and walked out; the door quietly clicking shut behind him.

The really frustrating thing about Matt was his endless patience. It was also what made him so cool.

I sighed into the comforter. Oh God.

I pulled myself up and wiped my tears; fully aware that my mascara was ruined. I got up and headed back downstairs to grab the rest of my things.

An hour later we'd gotten everything out of the truck and boxes were scattered on the dark brown hardwood floor in my room. I'd flopped down on the bed again; wallowing in my endless dispair.