A Proscriptive Relationship: 1

WARNING:

I was legit 11-12 when I wrote this back in 2005-2006 so please don't expect much. It is PROBLEMATIC and romanticizes problematic themes. There are some things Chris does that I do NOT agree with (you know aside from the whole teacher thing i, as an adult, know is creepy as hell now lol) now that I'm older and I will be editing it out when I begin to edit this version fully and... I'll probably aging up the characters because that is the only way I feel comfortable with this book sticking around. Just not having minors involved. Smh I was young and dumb.

I know it's really nostalgic to a lot of people and that is the only reason I keep it up. I do not check comments here because I am super embarrassed by what I wrote. Feel free to read it, but just know I won't be around in the comments!

Anyway. You've been warned. It's not good writing. It's toxic toward the beginning. But nothing really happens between the main couple until the main female is of age.

Man, 12-year-olds are weird. (Why did I think 22-year-olds were so mature at 12? even 35-year-olds aren't mature LOL)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Paper or plastic?"

            "Paper."

            The cashier gave me a bored look. "We're out of paper. Is plastic okay?"

            "I guess so," I responded with a dry smile. If he knew there wasn't any paper, why did he even give me a choice?

            The cashier quickly placed my groceries into two plastic bags— one for the meat and vegetables and the other for the non-perishables. I made a face when I realized he had put the bread under the bananas. Didn't he know bread was supposed to either be on top or in a separate bag?

            "Have a nice night," he said, handing the bags to me.

            My face fell the tiniest bit. Instead of going grocery shopping around three o'clock in the afternoon like I was supposed to, I had decided to go on the computer, thinking I'd just quickly check my Tumblr and e-mail. But no, Tumblr has an uncanny ability to make you lose track of time so when I finally decided to stop scrolling to check the time, it was already six. Hence why I was now at the grocery store while it was pitch black outside. To top things off, my mom had our only car so I had to walk home.

            As soon as I stepped into the outside a chilly wind whipped by me, nipping at my exposed skin. I shivered, pulling my coat closer around me. I started on my way home, keeping under the streetlights, feeling a little nervous. Since the world was so messed up, I knew it wasn't safe for a young woman to be walking the streets by herself at night. All the terrible things happened in the movies happened to those women. And right now, I felt like I was one of them. 

            To my luck, the one dark, ominous ally on the way home was one I didn't have to go through. As I grew closer, I strayed further away from the mouth. Just as I was about to step out in front of the entrance, a low groan came from inside it. My breathing hitched and I froze, listening as hard as I could. All was silent, except the sounds of a few people breathing heavily. It sounded like they were right beside me. I slowly stepped away from the mouth, pressing my back against the brick building beside it.

            "Aren't you going to fight back?" an angry voice demanded, carrying all the way to me.

            "I told you," another voice responded in a calm manner. "I don't fight anymore."

            A snort echoed through the ally. "Yeah. Like I'd believe that. If you don't fight back, then you're just letting us beat the shit out of you."