A Memories Final Decision

I must have fallen asleep. It was the best sleep ever and I knew I knew that I was safe with Clark and Clay protecting me. I sat up in the back seat and rubbed my eyes before glancing out the window to see that it was still dark.

I huffed. Wouldn't it be lovely to have an actual girl to talk to about girl problems. It's not like I could look for advice with this crazy love triangle in one of the two guys that was competing over me.

'Welcome to another day in the life of a cliche me!' I couldn't help but think. I needed to get up and stretch my legs and I didn't want to wake up either of the guys.

I unlocked the door making sure the small sound didn't bother them before opening the door and stepping out into the cool crisp night air. My foggy brain began to clear and I realized that I was complaining when there were probably a bazillion other people out there that had it worse off than me.

I stretched my arms above my head listening to my bones pop and settle back into place before bending down and touching my toes. I cracked my knuckles and decided to go for a walk.

It seems Clark and Clay had nowhere else to hide me so we had to just run from now on. We had parked in a clearing and in the darkness I could see the dirt road off in the distance.

I turned in the direction of a small hiking path and began to walk through the thick underbrush trying to organize my cluttered thoughts. It wasn't working out to well, but it was better than sitting in the cramped car where the roots of my problems slept.

My muscles began to burn as I picked up the pace liking how I was in control of my own body. I began to jog when I heard the sound of rushing water. I could see in the east, the sun beginning to rise setting off the sky in different arrays of blues, purples, pinks, golds, and vibrant oranges. If I could draw or paint that would be one of the first things I drew. The sky's colors as the sun rose, but every artist drew that.

I wasn't an artist though, I was just a teenage girl trapped in a disastrous fairytale wanting to get out and be human. I didn't even if I know if I was human though, and I couldn't turn back. No one could. It wasn't an option. Unless of course they had people out there that had the power to.

It wouldn't have surprised me if a lot of paranormal beings that exist in fairytales were real. Werewolves could have been roaming the woods as I sat there going through my thoughts.

"Melinda?" I heard the most annoying voice say from behind me and I rolled my eyes. You think I would have gotten a little time to myself to think through my problems without having either of my somehow personal bodyguards next to me.

Let me tell you, it hasn't been easy going to the bathroom out in the woods, or anywhere for that matter when it comes to having full time horny watch dogs around me. They're like animals. Every time Clay came within a foot of me Clark would glare at him until he distanced himself from me.

I had tried to confront Clark about this but he was getting annoyingly possessive. He just ignored me and acted immature causing me to yell at him and storm off only to have him to chance after me and beg for my forgiveness so that we could have a hot make out session. Then, of course, the process would repeat itself wearing away at my patience.

I knew Clay was also getting annoyed with his brother. I didn't blame him for wanting to get away. So, when he showed up that morning and sat next to me, I didn't fight him. It would have been pointless anyway. He would only be more aggravated with me.

Clay stepped into the clearing and gave me a small smile. Well, it was a step above Clark. I sighed, both boys were getting annoying. "Can I sit with you?" He asked not waiting for my answer and sat down next to me. So I didn't answer.