Recovery from a Hangover

Okie dokie!!! Hey party animals!!! I feel really good about uploading a chapter of each story tonight!!

Don't be afraid to tell me what you think!!!! The people matter to me!!!

So I was wondering the other day. What would happen if I went to France and tried to speak Pig Latin to everyone. How many people do you think would respond back in the same language??

Hope you like the story!!!

___________________________________________________________________________

I woke up with the headache of the century and sore muscles. "What happened?" I asked before I had the chance to open my eyes.

I felt like I got a hangover and just lost my virginity all at once. My eyes shot open and I looked down at myself just to make sure that I still had my clothes from yesterday on. I heaved a sigh of relief when I saw that they were and there wasn't some strange guy sleeping in the bed next to me like in movies.

"You look like you've got a massive hangover. Do you want some Advil?" I looked up to see Clark watching me with concerned and worried eyes.

I just nodded because my throat felt like dry sand paper. Clay came over and sat next to me. "So, Melinda. what do you remember?" He asked staring at me as if I had another head sprouting out of my shoulders. What was up with these wierd looks the guys were giving me. I didn't like it.

I closed my eyes and thought back to what happened. I remember running from the linebacker like men that wanted me as a prisoner, and I remember getting mad at the same men that had captured Clark. The last thing I remembered was feinting but I knew something had to cause me to feint. Not a single thing came to mind though and I turned to Clay for the answers just as Clark walked back in with a glass of water and a small blue pill in his hand.

"Here take this. It should stop the headache." Clark said handing me the medicine and the water that I greedily chugged down with one gulp. I guess that I was thirstier than presumed.

I turned back to Clay and looked at him confused. "All I can really recall is running from those men, getting mad when I saw that they were going to kill Clark, and feinting. Can you please explain to me what happened and how Clark and I got out of there alive?" I asked.

Both boys glanced at each other before Clark answered my question. "You killed them, Melinda."

My eyes widened. "How could I have killed all of those men? I don't even know how to fight!"

"When you got angry after seeing that they were going to kill me you must have let your emotions take control of you body. You began to glow blue, and within seconds you had all of those men incinerated and dead before I even had a chance to blink." Clark said watching my reaction.

This boy had to be lying. I couldn't have done that. I don't know how. Something inside of me though was telling me that I had and that I could. It scared me knowing that my body alone could possess enough power to kill off twenty men. The after effects though were really begining to hit me with a vengance.

"There is no way I could have done that. I would have remembered doing something liked that. Are you sure you're just not hallucinating?" I asked in disbilief.

I mean what were the chances that, I, a young nobody that no one cared about could kill off a whole football team. There was no way that me, the girl whose parents called her a no good piece of poo could possess such power and be so important, but again the voice that had denied me earlier denied me again. Something inside of me said that I can and I did.

"I'm one hundred percent positive that I'm not hallucinating. I know what I saw and I'm never going to be able to forget it. The problem is I. Don't remember you being able to possess that power until now." Clark said with a confused look on his face.

Great. The only two people that gave me all of my answers were clueless to the biggest question of them all. Now I must really be a kick ass freak. At least I was able to kick some ass.