Let The Games Begin

Hi everyone. Welcome to the next chapter.

   Comment if you have anything you want to tell me, read it if you have nothing better to do, vote if you love it, fan if you want to be a friend. I hope you all enjoy this story.

__________________________________________________________________

     I watched Clark, my perfect stranger, stare at me with a smirk on his face. Why was he looking at me like that? Did I have something on my face? Oh my goodness! Did I forget to put on my jeans!!!???

      I glanced down at myself hoping that I didn't walk into school missing a piece of clothing.  Everything was where it should have been. All my clothes were on me and in the right places. I didn't feel anything that wasn't supposed to be out of place, on my face. So what could he have been staring at? He was making me feel self conscious.

       I looked back up at him confused. "What are you looking at?" I asked a little bit more harshly than what I intended. Could you blame me though? It's not everyday that I got the new school player staring at me as if I were something to eat.

        He seemed shocked for a second, and then his smirk became a grin with two adorable dimples. He just had to have dimples. Why do dimples have to make a guy look cuter? This was just pathetic. I was falling for a boy I didn't even know.

      "A beautiful girl." He said in a cocky tone. Just then my crush on this guy flew out of the window as I remembered what happened yesterday when he ran into me. Anger boiled inside of me and it took everything I had not to slap him.

    Instead, I scoffed and faced forward pretending to pay attention to the teacher. What was with this gorgeous guy? Why was he so interested in me? Wasn't he worried about his rep that he had to uphold?

    I glanced over at him out of curiosity to see that he was watching me. "WHAT?!" I whisper shouted. He was really starting to creep me out now. Was he some sort of perv that went after the quiet girls? I asked myself as my pulse quickened out of fear.

    "You have really pretty eyes." He mumbled. I gave him my best what-the-fuck look and turned away. I was stunned. Josh hadn't even commented on my eyes when we were going out. I have never gotten a compliment like that, especially from a guy as gorgeous as Clark.

     Thinking of Josh, who happened to be in this class and was sitting three seats in front of me, was turned around glaring at Clark. If looks could kill Clark would have already been ashes on the ground. Josh looked furious, and the weird part was he seemed furious about the fact that Clark was flirting with me.

     Why would he care? He dumped me. He never wanted me. He couldn't wait for me to be ready. So Josh had no reason to be mad. I wasn't his, and he had no claim on me what-so-ever.

    I knew what I was about to do was harsh, but Josh deserved it for all of those kisses with Sadie in the hallway. He did an everyday routine that just to get me jealous and he knew what he was doing too. For once it was time that he got a taste of his own medicine. I don't know where I got the bravado act from, but I turned to Clark and grinned flirtatiously.

     He glanced towards Josh and then back at me seeming to get the picture. "Let me guess, it's payback time for the ex?" Clark asked grinning devilishly. I could't help but react and let my heart speed up at his amazing smile. I would give anything just to wake up to a smile like that everyday.

     Whoa! Where did that come from? Sure Clark was a gorgeous guy, but he also was a gorgeous cocky player of a guy that I couldn't let myself get involved with. The few things I would do with Clark would only be PG rated to get Josh back for being a jerk. Nothing more, nothing less. Clark and I would just be business partners. I just had to hope that in the process I wouldn't end up falling for him, because I couldn't trust him of all guys with my shredded heart.

      "How would you react if I asked for an agreement?" I asked Clark cheekily. This all had to be an act. There was no way I was about to fall for Clark like he probably wanted me to do. I couldn't. It just was to risky. Losing my heart a second time had never been a plan in my future and I wasn't about to make it one for one godly handsome guy. 

     "I would say where do I sign. Any agreement with you is bound to be a good one." He winkred at me. He was playing along. Clark was a fast learner, and if it weren't for the fact that I was so guarded I knew we would be close friends.

     I could almost see smoke in the air. That's how bad Josh's anger was and I was enjoying every second of it.

    I glanced over at him to see him glaring daggers right at me. I gulped. Gosh, his intense gaze was like ice freezing me to the bone, but I wasn't about to give in like he wanted. This was just too much fun, and fun was something I hadn't been able to do in a while.

     "Wonderful." I replied looking back at Clark with a grin plastered on my face. Inside red flags were going up telling me that I was going into dangerous territory, but a part of me that I hadn't been able to use in a while mad me ignore it.

    Let the games begin.

____________________________________________________________________

   So the story is finally getting somewhere. Tell me what you think I should change. What do you like about it? Give me your opinion. I'm not going to yell at you. I promise. Even if you don't really like it. Hey, it's your opinion. Go ahead and tell me what you want to say. I want to know if my story sounds like anyone else's.

    DON't BE SCARED OF ME! I WON'T CRITICIZE U FOR STATING YOUR OPINION! I might even thank you for it.