Clay's Tales

Hey. don't shoot! Look I know I haven't uploaded, I've been busy. I know I promised chapter after chapter and I wanted to apologies for not owning up to my promises! I wish I could find a way to pay you all back for being wonderful amazing fans!

Here is the next chapter!

_________________________________________________________________________

The room, which had a single beam of light filtering through a dirty window, was covered in thousands of pictures of one girl. In each picture she was a different person. One picture was of her with long red hair and dark green eyes. I looked at the next picture of a poor girl with short blonde hair, but the same green eyes.

I scanned the eyes of each girl in each picture knowing I saw those eyes somewhere before but not being able to put my finger on it. I turned and almost jumped out of my skin when I came face to glass with a dusty old mirror.

Then I screamed.

The girl from all of those pictures had the same eyes as one person. That one person was me. The eyes from all of the pictures stared back at me, while my eyes stared at myself in the dirty glasses reflection.

I turned slowly in a circle. There were to many pictures to count. Had I really lived all of these lives? The walls weren't visible because of all the pictures. How many times had I died and not succeeded? How many of those times did I sacrifice myself for Clark and Clay? Too many on my count.

"Looks like you've found the photo room before we could show you." Clay said from the doorway. For once I didn't jump when he snuck up on me. I just turned to face him.

My mind was speeding at a hundred miles per hour, trying unsuccessfully to come up with some sort of number to put all these pictures to.

"How many lives have I lived?" I asked glancing at the closest picture which was of me in a satin gown with long dark curls and tan skin. I looked happier in this life.

"Over two thousand. Half of those lives you died from saving Clark and I." Clay said leaning against the wall watching me curiously.

One picture in particular caught my eye. I pulled it off the wall. I didn't look like me. I was absolutely beautiful. I had short bouncy brown curls and a cherubic face that brought out the same green eyes that were in every picture. The same wise, yet young eyes that would stare back at me trying to tell me that life story and give me more knowledge through the thin piece of paper.

"That is my favorite." Clay said taking the picture out of my hand and pinning it back up on the wall carefully.

"Why?" I asked taking a seat on a dusty stool when I felt a story coming on.

"Well it was the middle ages when lords and ladies were popular, and no air conditioning. You, in this life, were the daughter of a very rich lord who loved you to bits. He spoiled you rotten.

"It was your sixteenth birthday and the whole kingdom was invited to attend. Your uncle and father were so excited to marry you off. They wanted to wed you to a good rich man that would spoil you just as much as they did.

"My brother and I had a good deal of money. We had inherited a good friend of ours, wealth. Your father introduced the two of us to you and we knew who you were immediately. Clark made a play at you as quickly as possible. You had heard rumors about the two of us being the tons players. You stayed shy around me and Clark.

"When you went outside for a breath of fresh air I followed you. We talked and eventually we fell in love. It was the most normal life you had. We were married and before our honey moon we were attacked by Wade's men. You died saving me." He said shocking me.

The only thing I couldn't op thinking if was how we were married. I loved Clay all along but I was to stupid to realize that we were meant to be. "Clay I'm sorry-" I was cut off when he lifted his hand to silence me.

"You didn't know. I can't blame you. Besides it was always me that got to you. It's time Clark had his turn. He's happy with you. I have never seen him like this before. As for me. I'll learn to get over you. It was just the past. That's all it will ever be." He said shrugging.

I felt my heart rip in two when he brushed his love for me aside like swatting a bug out of his face. If that's how he felt for me now why should I try and get him back? He was right. The past will remain the past. I had a future to look forward to.

"Babe, don't sneak away from us like that. You gave us a scare." Clark said walking into the room and wrapping his arms around my waste.

Before I could turn away from his pained gaze I saw it. The pain of me being with his flesh and blood hurt him more than he let on. He wasn't over me, he hated his brother from steeling me from him.

I didn't get the chance to apologize to him. I would have if it weren't for the bloodcurdling scream that reverberated through the tunnel walls.

I could feel it in my bones. Wade was here.