Chapter 2- Soon to be Crazy Parents

            “For goodness sake, Alana and Abigail Martinez if I walk into that room of yours’ and see the both of you still sleeping you can forget out going back to London ever again!” the voice of Alicia Martinez; Alana and Abigail’s mother, rang. The sound of their mother’s threats made both girls jump out of bed as the plop of footsteps on the steps had started becoming louder. The doorknob had started turning when Alana had ran into their walk in closet and Abigail pretended to be choosing the body wash she will be using today. The door flung open revealing their mother in her best work clothing.

            “Hey Mom, nice outfit you have a big meeting today?” Abigail asked taking her attention off the body washes and putting it on her mother. Today their mother was dressed in a black business dress that grabbed her curves with silver heels and matching accessories. Alicia Martinez was the magazine editor for Beauty Teen Magazine and was very pretty with black curly shoulder length hair and hazel-brown eyes with olive skin. Alicia had naturally heart shaped red lips and a beauty mark was on her upper lip that finished off her appearance perfectly. Seconds later, Alana came out of the closet a small smile on her lips with a light blue summer dress, black tights, and light blue converses in her arms.

            “Thank you Abby and yes very big meeting indeed, the magazine is in need for a makeover but nothing too dramatic that can set our staff crazy. We need to come up with a new column that will catch our readers’ attention and make them want to share it.  I hope we can get something new because if we don’t the magazine can lose its readers resulting in the company closing. I have a lot of pressure on me right now girls so please don’t give me any trouble I don’t want to hear complaints from you Aunts.” Alicia pleaded looking at Abigail and Alana who had an innocent look expressed on their faces.

            “Mom we’re not that bad. Tio Foster only complained that time because he freaked out when he saw Abby and I kiss our boyfriends at the time. He freaked out and started yelling at us in Spanish and that scared our boyfriends; now ex-boyfriends, away. Thank goodness because they turned out to be jerks eventually.” Alana told her mother, batting her long black eyelashes at her.

            “You are something else Alley. Let me stop talking to you girls, get ready your father is coming home to pick you up in an hour! Chop, Chop girls hurry up, you don’t want to be late catching that plane!” Their mother yelled walking out of the room.

            “Mom wait a second, we need to give you something!” Abigail yelled making Alicia stop and walk back into the room.

“What is it?” she asked curiosity was demonstrated all through her body.

“Alana, can you go get the binder?” Abigail asked her older sister and Alana nodded her head walking over to her bookcase and pulled out a black and aqua printed binder with the words: The Future Beauty Teen Magazine! Created by Alana and Abigail Martinez in foam letters across the top and bottom. Alana walked over to their mother and handed her the binder.

“This will save Beauty Teen Magazine Mom, Abby and I have worked on this for a long time and we weren’t going to show it to until the time was right, but now the time is. I hope you like it and feel free to keep it we have another copy.” Alana told her mother, a sweet smile on her pink lips. Their mother took the book and opened it a look a clear amazement flickered in her honey eyes the same color as Alana’s.

“Thank you, my baby!” She whispered into her ear as she placed a kiss on Alana’s a cheek than, walked over to Abby and did the same. Their mother walked out the room the binder clutched to her chest. When the thud of their mother’s heels was out of hearing Alana and Abigail looked at each other and smiled.