Chapter 1- Suitcase Packing and Fears

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else the way you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed But when you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell You don’t know ohoh You don’t know your Beautiful!” blasted out of the speakers of Alana and Abigail Martinez’s stereo as they packed for their trip to London. The girls had an a few family members in England and they requested that the two sisters fly out to visit for the summer. Alana and Abigail will be staying with their Aunt Susie and her daughter Bethany for two weeks. Another, two weeks with their Aunt Cathy and Uncle George along with their three kids: Caroline, Catherine, and Jasper. The last four weeks the girl’s will be staying in a motel in London. The sister’s last were in England to see their family was when Alana were six years old and Abigail was five years old; Alana is Seventeen and Abigail is Sixteen now that is about eleven years. These two sisters are excited to go to London having not really a clear memory of the wonderful place.

“Alana!” Abigail yelled over the song trying to catch her older sister’s attention as she lowered the music with the stereo’s remote.

“You just lowered One Direction right in the middle of our song! Something wrong Abby?” Alana asked her sister calling Abigail by her childhood nickname. She stopped packing and turned to her little sister.

“Actually yes Alana. I’m nervous about going to London.” Abigail confessed receiving a confused face from her sister.

“Why? We have talked about this trip all year since Titi Cathy and Titi Susie suggested it to Mom and Dad.” Alana asked walking towards her sister and standing in front of her.

(Author’s Note- Titi is what Spanish people call their Aunts’ and Tio is for Uncles’. For those who are non-Spanish speaking I hoped that cleared things up for you.)

            “I know Alana! I’m nervous to fly on a plane by ourselves to a whole new place where everything is different and weird to us. I’m scared that something bad might happen when we get there or before we even land in England. Alana think about it we are going to place we haven’t been in eleven years with our family who are complete strangers to us!” Abigail yelled making Alana jump.

“I have thought about it Abigail and I’m scared too, but we can’t let this small fear get in the way of an experience of a lifetime. Abby just think about how much fun we are going to have and we don’t have to worry about anyone else, but each other. Abigail there will be no parents to boss us around; no chores to worry about, cute boys almost everywhere, and you can’t forget that England is not only the birth place of Harry Potter, but four out of five of the guys in One Direction home! Abby relax and take a deep breath because soon we will be London having the time of our lives!” Alana yelled in a soft tone, grabbing Abigail’s arms and looking into her hard grayish-green eyes.

            “You’re right Alana and I hate you right now because you are one hundred percent right. I guess it was the fear talking, you know how it messes with your head. Okay speaking of having fun you do know we are going to try and ride the London Eye if it kills us because it is on my bucket list, number thirty four.” Abigail stated giving Alana her serious face trying not to smile. Alana knows how serious Abigail is about her bucket list she wants to complete everything on the list before she dies and she refused to miss any chances.

            “Of course Abby we cannot miss that, no matter any circumstances. If One Direction does decide on staying in London for their summer break and we just so happen to meet them you can scratch off number twenty-five; meet One Direction in person, and you have to try and get a kiss from one of the boys; number twenty-seven.” Alana confirmed walking back to her suitcase and began packing again.

            “Actually it’s number twenty-six. Twenty- seven is get the five boy’s autograph on my favorite poster of them. Oh yeah I read on Liam’s Twitter this morning that he and the boys have decided on where they will be staying I in England and will be giving it away when they land, hopefully the same time as us. If we meet them Alana I’m sure I will go totally fan girl inside my head because If I do go fan girl in front of them they might get scared and I don’t want Harry Styles to be afraid of me. Harry Styles that wonderful green eyed, curly head boy. I love Harry he is just so freaking cute with those –“

“– gorgeous green eyes, soft curly hair that make you want to mess it up, and that smile with his cute dimples just makes me melt! Harry Edward Styles is one fine looking lad,” Alana said cutting off Abigail, pretending to be her sister.

“Ha, Ha, Ha you are so funny Alley!” Abigail yelled calling her sister by her nickname and throwing one of her pillows at her, hitting Alana in the back of the head. Alana grabbed the pillow and had a look of utter shock on her face. Before Alana had the chance to throw the pillow back, Abigail grabbed the stereo’s remote and put the volume back up, music blasting out again this time “One Thing” was playing making Alana freak and start dancing.

“Now I’m climbing the walls but you don’t notice at all that I’m going out of my mind all day and all night!” sang Niall and Abigail.

“Something’s gotta give now ‘Cos I’m dying just to know your name and I need you here with me now ‘Cos you’ve got that one thing!” sang Louis and Alana.

“So get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead. I don’t, I don’t, don’t know what it is but I need that one thing. So get out, get out, get out of my mind and come on come into my life. I don’t, I don’t, don’t know what it is but I need that one thing and you’ve got that one thing!” blasted the voices from the stereo and the two sisters. Alana and Abigail both jumping softly to the music and singing along, it was times like these that they were glad to be sisters but sooner than later that will most likely change.