Paperwork

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! This one-shot happens during The Avengers filming... you know, waaaaay back at the beginning of the story XD So, Tom is all dressed up in his Loki costume and they're about to begin filming a scene when this happens:

~~

You’re filling out fourteen pages of paperwork, thanks to Brenda. Sign here, initial there, social security number. Address, phone number… You don’t think too much about how Tom’s standing in front of you now. Waiting for you to finish. You’ve got the stem of the eyebrow brush you’re about to use on him between your teeth. He’ll be waiting a while, you’re only on page three.

The people milling around you slowly dissipate, going to set.

"You can go ahead over there if you want," you tell him, with much difficulty because of the brush, “I can finish you there."

"Nah, I’ll wait," he says, and you glance up just long enough to see his smile.

He says something to a person who’s leaving and you see it in your peripheral vision. Page seven.

Everyone’s gone now, and your pen is flying across the pages. Same information every time.

 ”Your shoe’s untied.”

You hum in reply, “I’ll fix it later.”

Apparently, that’s not good enough for him. Before you know what’s going on, he’s bent down and unlacing the sneaker. You want to continue filling out the papers, but it seems a moot point at the moment. You feel the shoe tighten, and look down to see his elegant fingers tie a neat little bow. He double knots it.

When you think he’s going to stand back up, he moves to the other foot, untying the perfectly fine bow. He re-does the string, making it as tight as the last. Then double knots that one.

“You’ve got lint all over the side,” he says, and begins brushing off the clingy white particles, “What did you do? Run through a dryer?”

You let out a little laugh, trying to regain enough intelligence to write your name.

“I can’t believe you still have these shoes. They should’ve died ages ago,” he begins to touch the dirty toes, tracing the ‘Loki‘d‘ he‘d written over a year earlier on the green high-tops, “And I’m going to have to re-write that.”

It’s then that he stands back up, smiling at you. You give him your best back, as much as the brush will allow.

 “Get that silly thing out of your mouth,” he chuckles, grabbing the brush from your teeth quickly.

 “Thanks,” you grin, trying to remember what you were doing exactly.

 Papers.

~~

I know it's short- but I would love to hear you're opinion! A new chapter will be up soon, that's much longer than this, so there's something to look forward to :D We're so close to 400,000 reads that I can't even bellliiieeeeve this is happeneingslkdjfa;slkdjflsjfl;sakdjf;sfdj

YOU GUYS ROCK. Thanks so much!!!!