Valentine's Day

An other-worldly shiver shoots down your spine and through your fingertips, forcing you to pull your patchwork quilt even tighter around you. Sitting down the empty thermos of soup, it saddens you, because that was the only life line of warmth left.

The roof where he’d taken you was a wonderful spot to watch airplanes fly in over the huge city below- London. You could see the Eye, and the Queen’s Tower from here with ease and it was beautiful.

“Cora told me that you’d do one of two things,” you chatter through your teeth, “Take me somewhere fancy, with the whole works, you know.”

You pause as he scoots closer and throws his blanket over you, hugging you from the side, “Uh huh?”

“Or you’d spend no money at all and pretend like this was the best thing in the world.”

You feel his arms and chest tense, “You’re not having fun?”

Chuckling lowly, you press your freezing nose into his chest, “I thought you would’ve learned last Christmas.”

That elicits a breath of laughter from him before he asks, “So you would’ve rather gone to some crowded restaurant, with everyone there celebrating Valentine’s Day, just like us?”

“No,” you close your eyes and wrap your arms around him tighter, he does the same, “I just want to be with you. Wherever.”

He presses a kiss to the top of your head and silently starts tracing circles over your back.

“This,” you chatter, “Is perfect, Tom. I love the idea, I love the location, I love the stars and the silence,” you take a deep breath, “I love you.”

As soon as that last word is uttered, he jumps right in- no pause, no hesitation.

“I love you, Jo,” he presses his cheek to the top of your head, “More than I ever thought I could love someone. I know I sound like a big ball of cheese, but,” you hear his shaky intake of breath and his tone of voice drops into a whisper, sounding desperate, “I love you.”

There is nowhere remotely safer than being right here. You didn’t doubt him for an instant. You knew not to. He may be a very good actor, but there was no way that he could’ve said that without it meaning something to him.

warmth that he sends through your entire body makes you forget the freezing temperature outside your little cocoon. And it’s only him, and you, and the stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
…...........is that okay?

Tell me what you thought my darlings, and I’ll give you a virtual cookie XD..... please?