On Top Of The World

It was a couple of days after the Jaimee drama, and Tris was taking me to an ice rink. He was talking as if I had never been ice skating before, but little did he know when I was younger I used to compete in skating competitions. 

"You ready, Dais?" Tris shouted at me from downstairs. 

"Just coming!" I replied quickly. "See you later, Aims! Call me if you need anything, yeah?"

"Okay, Daisy! Just because you're, like, a year older, you aren't my mum, and I'm not a five year old!" She laughed as she spoke, then I left the room. As I ran down the stairs, Tris pulled me into a hug and kissed me gently. 

"Ready to go?" I nodded. "Bye, guys! See you later!" Various replies came from different places within the house and we drove to the ice rink. As a drummer, I don't think he realised how annoying his constant tapping on the steering wheel was, but I didn't ask him to stop. We reached the ice rink in less than half an hour and he paid for the skate hire. I laced up the shoes quickly and stood up, slightly unsteady on the thin blades after not wearing them for a while. Quickly, I realised it was like riding a bike, once you've learnt, you never forget, and soon I was skating around on the ice as Tris was as graceful as an elephant on ice. I loved the sensation of the thin blades slicing through the ice as I spun and twirled. As cliche as it sounds, I felt on top of the world.

"Bloody hell, Dais, when did you learn to skate?" He said as I gently came to a stop near where he was supporting himself on the railing. 

"Oh, didn't I tell you? I used to skate a lot when I was younger - in fact, it's how Aimee and I became as close as we are, but I stuck with it when she went to stage school or something, then boarding school last year with Con." I replied, realising as I spoke that I needed to ask Aimee about what happened after she left skating. 

"Jesus, you could have warned me you were practically pro!" He smiled as I helped him up from where he had slipped a moment earlier. We skated around for around another hour, then Tris got too cold. Clearly ice skating isn't for the weak. We went into the cafe and got our stuff from the lockers. As usual, like the sociable people we really are, the first thing we did was check our phones. He scrolled through his many, many mentions on Twitter and showed me on that had clearly caught his eye. 

'Just seen @TheVampsTristan and @DaisyMay at the ice rink, was going to go over but thought they were having a 'moment' #Traisy

The tweets continued in a similar fashion, many about Traisy and how we should get together. 

"Maybe we should tell everyone, Tris." I said after swallowing a mouthful of hot chocolate. 

"I was thinking the same thing, but I don't want to see you get hurt like Aimee." He trailed off as he finished his sentence, and I sighed. 

"People will always be bitchy, but I'm stronger than Aims. She's had some... issues in the past with bullies and twats, so that's why it hit her so badly. I can take stuff better than her, I guess." I smiled at him reassuringly and opened my Twitter app. 

'@TheVampsTristan and I have something to say: #Traisy.' 

I showed him the screen and he typed out the same thing, only substituting his name for mine, then counted down from 3, when we both pressed send.