Time

*Saturday*

Aimee was driving us both to Connor's house and It's Time by Imagine Dragons came on the radio. We were both quietly singing along when a thought occurred to me.

"Aims, did Connor actually say I could come today?" I heard her sigh slightly.

"Not exactly - but he didn't say you couldn't! I'm sure he won't mind." She reassured me weakly. Brilliant. So I'm basically a gate crasher. I looked at her and she smiled at me. I tried to smile back but felt a bit annoyed. I mean, Aimee was my best friend, like my sister, but sometimes she did get on my nerves. She seemed pretty sure that Connor wouldn't mind about an extra person, and I wondered if there was something going on between them. It was the way Aimee talked about him, and she seemed to have made more of an effort for this barbeque than she usually did. She had straightened her hair and left it down, showing off the difference between her natural light blonde and the pink streaks she had added earlier this month, and was wearing more make up than normal, but still looked almost natural. She was wearing white Vans which were decorated with various quotes, drawing and lyrics, white denim shorts and a white crop top with a yellow flower motif on the front, showing off her tanned, flat stomach - which she always denied she had - and she looked amazing. In contrast to her casual outfit, I was wearing a blue flower-patterened bodycon dress, which reached mid thigh, and some dark blue sandals. As I was considering the differences between our outfits, Aimee turned into the drive of what I assumed, or rather hoped, was Connor's house, otherwise who knows where we could be going. Aimee got out of the car before I did, as a teenage boy with blonde hair, who seemed to be about the same height as Aimee and me, came over to the her. He put his arm loosely around her shoulders and kissed her on the cheek. She beckoned me over and I walked towards them.

"Con, this is my best friend since forever, Daisy. Dais, this is Connor, but most people call him Con." We exchanged greetings and he yelled indistinctly towards a group of three boys standing about 30 metres away. They came over to us, and I looked over them all. One was ever so slightly taller than me, with dark curly brown hair and dark brown eyes, the other two were taller, maybe about 6 foot, both with hair styled into a quiff, but one was light blonde, and one darker.

"Aims, Daisy, this is Brad Simpson, Tristan Evans and James McVey." Each boy gave a slight wave at their name.

"So, this is the famous Aimee we've been hearing so much about!" James joked, smiling brightly at her.

"And you guys are The Vamps, I'm assuming!" She replied, laughing. Tristan nodded and looked at me. He came over to me and put his hand on my back.

"Your friend's hot, but you're hotter." He whispered in my ear, sounding and smelling slightly drunk. I felt his hand move down my back to bum and it rested there. He was cute, I will admit, but this was weird.

"Thanks, Tristan." I moved away from him and went back to Aimee, who was now engrossed in a conversation with James, Connor and Brad.

"Is Tristan drunk already?" I asked Brad, as it was only 2 in the afternoon.

Brad smiled supportively at me. "Probably. He does that sometimes."