| chapter three |

' she was always territorial '

RENESMEE'S GIGGLE SOFTENED THE ROOM as if her gentle sound could make the lamplight more golden and the fires burn warmer

RENESMEE'S GIGGLE SOFTENED THE ROOM as if her gentle sound could make the lamplight more golden and the fires burn warmer. Brooke smiled at the sound, a sense of calmness washed over her before it was disturbed by the scent of wet dog - one that had her nose wrinkling. Looking over, the blonde was met with the sight of a tanned male who walked over to the two. Realising he was a shifter, Brooke gagged silently.

"Really? A werewolf." The blonde looked towards Edward, blankly. He let out a sigh.

"He imprinted on Renesmee so suck it up." Brooke let out a groan as she knew that the only reasons the shifters were helping the Cullen's were because the male imprinted on the hybrid child and as a pack, you defended another one's imprint. Brooke let out a low growl before grabbing Renesmee's hand and led her to the forest, Jacob following them like a puppy. The trio began walking through the woods, far away from the house before the blonde found a nice clearing where she sat them down.

"Do you want to see something pretty?" Brooke asked the child, watching with a new sense of warmth as the child's eyes lit up with excitement. She nodded, eager to see something. The blonde laid down across the grass, motioning for the other two to follow before raising her hands to face the sky.

Tapping into her powers, she felt the familiar surge flood her veins, zooming all the way to her hands before exploding out of her hands and into the air. And just like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo, the galaxy was presented in front of their eyes. Stars shone as sugar spilt over black marble, glistening in the sun. The replicated night sky was such a welcome sight, appearing like magic at each sunset, promising to return as she faded in dawn's first light. There were times in the daytime, under skies of blue, both Renesmee and Jacob thought of those faraway stars and how they'd return after the shadows blended into the dark.

A squeal bubbled out of the mouth of the hybrid, her smile shining like stars after dark, with no city lights to dim them. For at that moment time stopped to stare and admire her at the young hybrid whose eyes were filled with genuine innocence. Despite everything Renesmee was going through along with her family, she persisted in smiling and being the one thing that brightened up even the saddest of days.

"That's so pretty," Brooke smirked, sending her a wink before pressing her palms against the ground, her eyes fluttering shut before she began to recreate the same image that was shown above them. A dome was created around them, one that made the three look like they were in space, except they were still in the forest. Anyone who wasn't inside the dome would see just a forest since Brooke's powers made them invisible until the dome was broken.

The puppy gasped in surprise and awe, his eyes wide as he looked around before they landed on his imprint, who was cheering as she stood up. The hybrid began walking around as if she was flying. As she did so, Brooke scooted next to the puppy, both their eyes watching the innocence of the child.

"You really love her," Brooke noted as she continued to look at the way Jacob looked at Renesmee. It was pure love - nothing more, nothing less. He nodded. The shifter began to tell the blonde of his past with Edward and Bella.

"I used to love her - Bella. I thought she would be mine, but it turns out she was in love with Edward." Brooke felt sympathy towards the shifter. Even though she had never been in love, she heard from others over the years that heartbreak was the worst pain ever. "I was crushed that she chose him over me."

"You deserve her," Brooke said after a few moments of silence. Strange enough, the family bond that she had with the Cullen's expanded to him. Realising something felt different, Jacob looked over in shock.

"What was that?" he asked. Brooke let out a chuckle, her eyes shining with adoration and joy.

"That's my family bond. If you have it, it means you are under my protection; no one can hurt you, unless they want to die." Brooke informed him, a warm smile on her face. He nodded before thanking the vampire with a smile. "Your welcome."

The duo laid down for around an hour, watching the hybrid look around in amazement before Brooke realised it was time to go. She broke the dome, saying that they had to go back and promising that she would do it again just for the hybrid. Renesmee squealed before hugging the blonde and running to the house, the puppy following. Brooke smiled before zooming to the house, before them.

"I won!" Brooke teased as they arrived at the house. Renesmee stuck out her tongue before running into the house, probably to tell her mum what happened.

" - And it was so pretty and cool." she finished. The brunette then showed her mum the place, using her gift. Brooke smiled warmly before a sudden wave of thirst washed over her causing her eyes to turn black. Seeing this, Edward quickly grabbed his best friend and took her out of the house, yelling that he would take her for a hunt.

The duo ran through the forest, looking for an animal. Once they split up, Edward went to find a mountain tiger while Brooke, hating animal blood, used her speed to run to a hospital, grabbing the nearest blood bag and finishing it in just a few seconds. As she wiped her mouth on her sleeve, the blonde searched for Edward, finding him drinking from a tiger.

"Really?" Brooke flashed him a smile as he saw her red eyes. She winked at him before speeding to the house, leaving him in the dust.

"You'll never beat me," Brooke taunted. Edward glared at his best friend before entering the house. The blonde smirked in victory, coming after him. Walking in, she saw Renesmee playing the piano with Edward helping her. The blonde leant against the wall, smiling happily.

She really missed this family.