| chapter two |

' she was selfish;
she wanted them all to herself '

"YOU TRULY ARE A MIRACLE," Brooke said as she wrapped her arms around the young hybrid, inhaling the scent of snow and cinnamon coming off of her

"YOU TRULY ARE A MIRACLE," Brooke said as she wrapped her arms around the young hybrid, inhaling the scent of snow and cinnamon coming off of her. Renesmee grinned broadly and hugged her back.

The blonde could feel a bond form between the child and her mother. And she was sure the Cullen's could feel it as the family bond she held with all of them expanded. The relationship they had was like an invisible force, you couldn't see it, but you could feel it.

Brooke shared it with the ones closest to her so if they were ever in danger; she would be by their sides in just a few seconds, no questions asked. Brooke had always been loyal to those that loved her; she cherished them in her heart even if they were a limited number.

That's why the Cullen's loved her, she had a kind heart, always seeking to do the right thing even when she could kill hundreds without even thinking. She protected them, and in return, they did the same.

The blonde soon pulled out of the hug and allowed the young to sit back down next to her mother, who offered her a kind yet quite an awkward smile, before she returned to her own seat, motioning for Edward to carry on.

"As I was saying, Renesmee is a hybrid. Half human, half vampire. She grows every day. But the Volturi don't know that." he stated. The blonde raised an eyebrow, 'why should they care about the good for nothing, crappy, power-hungry Volturi? 'she thought. 'They're filled with nothing but idiots. Especially the leaders.'

"They think she's an immortal child and are coming for us." Brooke let out a groan as she rolled her eyes, throwing her right leg over her left leg as she rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the Volturi. "That's why we are collecting as many witnesses to prove she isn't. And with your help, I think we're going to be fine." Carlisle finished for him. The blonde shrugged but nodded, not really thinking about it. Her friends were in danger; she'd do anything for them.

"Sure. I'll help. Anything for family." she stated as a grin spread across her face. They smiled, thankful before Edward came to her and hugged his best friend, a person that he trusted with his whole life.

They both knew that if it ever came to it, Brooke would lay her life down for his family and the blonde knew that Edward would risk everything to protect both her and his family and they were both content with knowing that.

"Thank you," he whispered in the crook of the blonde's neck, his grip tightening on her shirt. If Edward was human, they both knew that he'd be crying right now.

The bronze-haired vampire had always been grateful for having someone like Brooke in his life. She always rescued him when his demons began to haunt his mind. She was the light to his darkness, cheesy but true. They were best friends - nothing more, nothing less.

"Anything for y'all." he smiled and let go before introducing the blonde to everyone else that stood in the room. Brooke smiled and waved at everyone, being polite. She introduced herself afterwards.

"I'm Ophelia Harrington, Edward's best friend," she said. They all nodded before the groups all began talking amongst themselves. While everyone was distracted, Brooke took the child away, a broad grin on her face as she carried her in her arms, a mischevious glint in her eyes.

"Let's go play,"