Ch.18 Leaving

Feyre's POV

"now hold on for just a moment. How can I-" I start to say.

"How can you what? Trust me? Truth is girl you can't, but this is your only way out" she tells me.

"if that was true why couldn't rhys just get me?" I ask her, I mean what I am saying is true right?

"there are certain rules that we have to follow, so that we don't start a war" she tells me. And I am pretty sure she is running out of patience.

"Well just-" I start to say but again she interrupts me by grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the room. "What the heck are you doing?" I scream at her.

"Quite girl, I don't appreciate you yelling in my ear." She tells me, I quite down after hearing that. I mean this Amren person doesn't seem like someone you want to mess with. "Now I am just going to get you out of here and to Rhys, then we will explain everything"

After that I don't say anything, I just let her pull me out of this prison. I'm so confused and honestly my emotions are all over the place. Like I said I loved Rhys, and then I started to doubt myself ,and now I am back to being sure I want him. I'm just a bit confused.

And what about Lucien? He had no part in this. I wonder why we aren't winnowing, wouldn't that just get us out of there faster? I mean I know it would but there must be a reason she, I mean Amren is not. I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

I watch the walls as we pass by them, at one point I had thought this place so beautiful, but now it's just another prison. Another place I have been locked away. I want to hate Tamlin, I mean all he did to me I have a right to hate him. But a part of me understands.

Not enough to forgive him, but a part of me understands. At that moment we reach the door. And I can feel the mate bond just pulling me to Rhys. I open the door, Amren at my side now shifts slightly in front of me, as if to make sure she can easily defend us both.

And then I see him... Rhys. There he stand in all his glory. His black hair looking so soft, and his eyes so deep and violet with those flecks of pure starlight. "Miss me Feyre" he says to me a teasing tone in his voice. All I want to do is just run into his arms, but nope not gonna do that.

"I don't know Rhys Lucien was keeping me plenty of company" I tell him, smirk growing on my face. Instead of responding verbally all he does is pull me to him, burrowing his head deep into my neck. I chuckle lightly wrapping my arms around him before saying, "I missed you too, Rhys".

Of course at that moment Amren has to interrupt us saying, "okay guys you can make up later, we have to get out of here."

Rhys moves slightly back after hearing that, sighing while doing it. "Fine Amren" he says, before looking at me and saying, "I'll explain everything as soon as we get to Velaris" The moment he says that he grabs me again, and then we're winnowing somewhere.

When we finally stop, I turn around only to find buildings everywhere, I look to rhys wondering where we are, the only thing he says though is, "Velaris". The more I look I finally come to my senses we are not out in the open but in a room filled with windows. He leads me down the stairs though, only to find even more people here.

First I see a girl with a curvy body, pure brown eyes, and golden flowing hair. She turns to me before introducing herself, "Hey you must be feyre, I'm Morrigan, but just call me Mor. I'm Rhys cousin" I nod and smile in response to what she says.

Next I see a tall man with dark brown shoulder length hair and hazel eyes. He is wearing some kind of shirt, with seven red stone on it. And then finally I see the wings, massive I might add. How I did not see them first I do not know, I just did not. His eyes shift to me before saying, "I'm Cassian, and I am part of Rhys's inner circle." As he says this I notice his rough voice, and realize not only is his voice rough so are his features.

"As you've heard, I am Feyre" I say smiling at him.

Lastly I look to the last male in the room. He is tall, with dark brown hair. His eyes are hazel and his face in general just looks so... elegant. I notice his hands are scarred, and that he also has seven stones on his shirt, except these are blue. Shadows surround this peculiar male, and he seems so unreadable. After looking at me for a couple seconds, as if assessing me, he introduces himself, "Azriel, and you are Feyre" and that is all he says.

Feeling slightly intimidated by him all I do is nod. I turn around to look at Rhys before speaking to him through our bond. 'who are these people?'

'they are part of my inner circle Feyre' he tells me before continuing outloud. "Mor as she said is my cousin. Cassian and Azriel here are childhood friends, Cassian is the general of my armies, and Azriel is my spy. And as for Amren, she is my second in command."

"Oh" I say, my brain trying to process everything. "What's with the wings?" I question, both Azriel and Cassian.

"We're illyrians, that is why we have wings, and Rhys has them too" Cassian tells me.

I turn to Rhys gasping "You do?" I say.

"I do" he tells me.

Shyly I ask, "Can I see them?" He nods before bringing his wings out, and let me just say they are massive. However between Cassian, Rhys, and Azriel I can't tell which are biggest. Looks to be either Azriel or Rhys though.

'You know feyre, wingspan correlates with other parts. So I don't know If I want you comparing sizes. Even though I know I have the longest wings." he tells me through the bond.

I gasp slightly before hitting him on the shoulder, "Rhsy" I berate.

" Not my fault you're shields weren't up." He tells me. Knowing though that I'm still getting the hang of that. I guess I forgot to mention Rhys was teaching me a couple things when it came to protecting myself physically and mentally. And on my own I practiced my magic. Surprisingly enough I had gotten quite good at shape shifting.

" Rhys, sorry to interrupt but Tamlin is back at the manor. He's declaring war" Azriels tells us. How he knew I don't know, all I know is that I am super worried.

Hey guys and gals sorry for not updating in a while, I've just lost a lot of inspiration for this fanfic. But don't worry I am planning on finishing this, for whoever wants to read this. Thanks so much for the people that still read this and please vote, comment, and follow really makes my day when you do. Thanks and bye.