Chapter 1

NOTE:--------> This a lesbian story.

This first chapter will be dedicated to SarahDeShields-Bass, because she's commented in like every chapter of my stories.

Enjoy! =]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kadence! Breakfast is ready!"

I groan to the sound of my mother yelling at me. I slide my pillow on top of my head and I hold it down.

"Kadence Rae!"

"Oh my god." I mumble under my pillow.

My mother middle names me all the time. I keep my eyes closed hoping I can sleep longer. I hear my door open, and my hope quickly goes away as well as my sleep. "Kadence Rae, it's your first day of school as a senior. You wouldn't want to be late, would you?" I hear my mom's voice, and I don't answer her. My covers fly off of my body. I lean my body up looking at my mom with a glare.

"You are so difficult in the mornings. Breakfast is ready, eat, take a shower, brush your teeth-"

I raise my hand in the air. "Okay, momma slow your roll. I'm not a kid anymore."

"Be down in one minute."

My mom leaves the room and I shake my head. My mom always has a tight schedule. If you don't run by her schedule she stresses out and goes crazy on you.

I wipe my eyes slowly as I yawn. I get off of my bed and drag my feet downstairs. I walk into the kitchen and stand in the doorway. I look around adjusting my eyes. I see my little brother Michael.  I smile evilly and walk over to him.

"Hey Freshie!" I slide my hand in his curly black hair and shake it back and forth.

"Stop!" He yells and grabs my arm removing my hand.

"Leave your brother alone, Kadence." My mom demands as she puts food on my plate. I sit down near my brother to pick on him some more, because it's his first year of high school.

I put my elbow on the table, and I place my chin on the palm of my hand staring at him with a smile. He looks at me weirdly. I scrunch my nose up giving him a smile. "Sooo, you gonna get a girl to ask you out?"

"Mom, tell her to stop bothering me." He whines.

"Stop picking on your brother. And get your elbow off of the table." She says as she sets my plate in front of me.

I move my elbow off of the table and smell the delicious food. My mom has a tight schedule, but she sure can cook. My stomach growls so I start eating.

"Kadence!"

I jump a little causing my fork to fall out of my hand onto my plate. My eyes widen a little to my mom yelling at me. I stare at her wondering why she yelled at me.

"You forgot about praying."

My family has a bunch of Catholics in it. It's because most of my family are Irish. Most of us treat Catholicism lightly, but my mom likes to pray at meals and go to church.

I set my fork down and join my hands together. I close my eyes leaning my head down waiting for someone to start the prayer. My mom clears her throat so I assume she wants me to say it. I say the prayer and open my eyes.

"I can eat now?"

My mom sighs and rolls her eyes. "Yes, you may eat now."

I smile as I take a bite of the delicious turkey bacon. Not only does my mom have a tight schedule, cooks good, enforces Catholicism, she fixes healthy food such as turkey bacon.