Demons Part 2

This chapter is dedicated to SmartCookies1!  Thanks for the support!

  After I explained the mornings events to Damian, he gave me a hug. I hugged back for a moment, before pulling away.

  "You ready for school?" He asks me.

  "More than ready!" I say, jumping up and down like a small child.

  Damian let's out a small laugh. "Alright. Go get your stuff. We leave in 10 minutes." He tells me. I run over to my room, throw on my shoes, and grab my backpack and phone. I also grab my jacket, just in case I get cold.

  When I get downstairs, Alfred informs me that Damian is waiting in the car for me. I run out and hop in the back seat with him. We drive off and I think about my first year back at school. It's our senior year, and I haven't been to public school since the incident. Of course I'm excited.

  We pulled up to school, and that's when I start getting nervous. Damian notices and grabs my hand, giving me a reassuring smile. He pulls me out of the car, and immediately, people are staring at us. Damian never let's go of my hand.

  Bruce had brought me to the school yesterday to get my schedule and everything, so I didn't need to go to the front office. I just needed to find my locker. My locker was right next to Damian's luckily.

  Once everything is finished, I grab my books for first period and head to class. Damian and I are in different classes. I have science first period and he has math.

  I walk into my class and immediately everyone notices me. The teacher motions for me to go over to the front desk, and I obey the gesture.

  "Hello!" She greets me brightly. "Can you please tell us your name?" The class quiets down at this statement. I take a deep breath and look at the class.

  "My name is Issabelle Todd."

  "Do you mind telling us a little about yourself?"

  "I'm 17. I was homeschooled for a few years. I have an older brother." I say, trying not to give to much away. The teacher excuses me and tells me to sit in the empty seat towards the back of the room.

  This is pretty much how my day goes. Until lunch, when I can hear what everyone is saying.

  "Have you seen the new girl? She's so weird."

  "I know. I bet the reason she was homeschooled was because her family was ashamed of her."

  "I bet they wish they never had her."

  At this point I'm on the verge of tears. I had been walking to the cafeteria to get food and when I was walking, I heard people talking.

  I started to beleive them. I started to feel as if, maybe I didn't belong with the Waynes. If I were to just disappear, they wouldn't care.

  'No. They would care. They looked for you when you disappeared. They would do it again. But it's probably only for Jason's sake. Not for my safety.' I didn't realize that at this point I was in an empty hallway, all the students on their way to next period.

  I hurried to my next class. The rest of my day was much like this. I didn't really get to see Damian at all. Once the final bell rang, I gathered all my stuff quickly and started to exit out of the building.

  That's when I heard a voice.

  "Come back to us. They will never love you like they did. You are to broken. You are crazy. Like us."

  I look around and see no one. Everyone had already gone to their after school activities. That's when I remember something.

Flashback starts

"Alright sweety! Time to start training!" My mom said, her blue and pink tipped hair bobbing up and down. I had woken up about two weeks ago from the accident and my parents decided I was well enough to restart my training.

I follow my perky mom to the training room. She has a table full of weapons, letting me choose my tool. I smirk and choose a gun that looks just like mommy's. She leads me over to a shooting range type area and showed me how to stand.

I stood as she told me and took a shot, hitting the bullseye right on.

"Great job sweety!" mom said. I kept practicing and I made all the hit right on point.

I finished practice. I loved my mom, because she was always so nice. At least, that I can remember. They would never let me be bullied like this. My mom would be with me and would hug me tightly.

Flashback ends

I come back to reality and go outside. I get in the car with Damian and Tim. Damian gave me a worried look, but I smiled at him. He took my hand and held it tightly all the way home.

"Do I really belong here?"