Interrogations II

"As if. I just want to talk to her." Sayef said,"now that I know her name"

Behind the glass Tony glanced at ziva, examining her for a reaction. Her walls were up though, both her face and body were unreadable.

"let's talk about your friends. Anyone in the cell smarter than you? They must be, you're only second in command." sneered Gibbs, trying to force a reaction out of the egotistical man.

"bah!" his face turned red, "salleh is an idiot! He is only in charge because he is a charmer, and no one else can see through him but me."

"we have him in custody. He is obviously as dumb as you. But we seem to be missing a few of your team. Where would they go?"

"I will never forsake my friends and our cause."

"they will go down as being smarter than you! Don you care?". Poked Gibbs, in a last ditch effort to get a location. But Sayef would not budge. Gibbs stormed out angrily, only to be stopped in the hallway by a serene Ziva.

"Let me talk to him."

"Sorry boss, I tried to stop her but she almost killed me" defended Tony.

"No. It's no good for you or us."

"I'm trained in interrogation. I can get the names and places. If they continue on the loose, I will never be safe, nor will you and your team."

Gibbs stared her down briefly. She met his eyes unflinchingly, with a look that clearly said she oils sneak in later if necessary.

"Fine. But I'm watching from behind the glass. Don't touch him." Ziva smirked.

~~~~~~~>

Sayef jumped up, startled, as ziva slammed the door shut. A small smirk spread across his face when he saw who it was.

"Well I mu-"

"you would do well not to smirk so.". Ziva interrupted, "Your friends are not here and the Americans are not watching.". Her cold tone gave even Gibbs the chills, even if he would never admit it. It was fearless, without empathy, full of promises that no one wanted carried out. Tony noticed that she carried herself as if she were not in pain now. She didn't wince, she didn't limp, she didn't whimper. Her walls were up.

Sayef's smile fell slightly, but his pride wouldn't allow him to bend just yet. "They tell me your name is Ziva." he said, switching into Arabic. "It's a lovely name. You could have just told me."

"They tell me that you will be deported to Israel. it's a lovely country. You could've just told me you wanted to go." she returned in Arabic, without missing a beat.

"Boss?" questioned Tony, not understanding any word that was said over than Ziva's name. He didn't know what to do.

"Let them go at it untill they yell, the. We can tell her to switch to English. We can get a translator for the tapes if we need to.". Tony nodded and continued watching.

"I don't believe you," Sayef said, even though a him sheen of sweat covered his forehead. "The Americans are prideful, they will wan to try me here."

"I don't care what you believe. Ncis is heavily influenced by Mossad. We will persuade them.". Ziva stood up, and walked behind the man, "They will be..." she continued to circle him, like a predator about to attack, "satisfied.. With our methods of punishment.". Sayef desperately stared straight ahead, trying not to follow Ziva with his eyes as she continued talkin about the punishment for terrorists, but tensing up when she was behind him.

"I...I...I want those two men back!" he interrupted, terrified that at any moment the woman infront of- behind- circling him would snap. Her voice had taken on a sweet tone, sweet like a poison apple. "I will tell them of this! Americans do not approve of torture!"

"I'm not done yet." Ziva sighed, stopping behind him and rhythmically slapping the files she held into her palm. Sayef winced with every beat. "Imagine, all the alone time we'll have when we get back to Israel. I'm a skilled interrogator myself, I'll insist on having your case.". Suddenly, she was very close to him, her hands firmly on the desk on either side of him, her mouth right by his ear. He flinched away but had nowhere to go as her cruel words snaked into his ear in a deadly whisper.

Before Tony and Gibbs's eyes, the terrorists eyes began to water, his whole body began to shake. Whatever she was saying was working, Tony could see the emotionless steel in her eyes and shivered, deciding that he didn't wan to know. At that moment, the man broke.

"Abdullah and Wazhim, they are he ones who were out today! They were visiting cousins! I swear it! They have many family in the area, you will not find them!" he sobbed.

Ziva stood and turned to took throuh the glass at them, raising an eyebrow. Tony could've sworn she looked him right in the eye, even through the one-way glass.

"Get her and meet me in the squad room. That sounded like info to me."