White lies

"Take these Ziva," requested Ducky, "they will help with the pain.". He extended two huge white pills, stained slightly pink from the Blood, her blood, on his hands.

"I don't like to take medicine. It dulls my senses or puts me to sleep." she protested, even as she hissed in pain.

"Ziva, no one is super human, and you have to be in pain no matter what you say." argued Ducky, looking pointedly at the chewed up mess her upper body had become. "plus, you've lost lots of blood, it will be hard for you to heal. These will not make you drowsy though" he lied through his teeth, "just make the pain stop."

"Fine," she aquisted, swallowing the two pills dry. "Now will you finish?" even as she uttered the words, she felt her eyelids beginning to droop. "Liar..."

Ducky felt slightly guilty, but he knew she had to rest, even if she would not acknowledge it, and he refused to stitch up and cleanse the numerous cuts and burns wig her awake. He sighed and set to work, wanting to finish before Jethro brought him any bodies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<<<<~<<~~~~~~~~~~>>~>>>>>>>>~~~~~~~

"Ducky?" called Gibbs as he approached the truck. Palmer was outside tending to the minor injuries, (Gibbs and co had left no bodies in their wake... This time... But he elderly ME was nowhere to be found. He rapped on the side of the van before opening it.

"Hey! Oh, Jethro, just the man I was coming to see." exclaimed Ducky as he washed the blood off of his hands.

"I didn't bring you a body Duck, what's all the blood from?" he asked, noting bloody rags and gauze on a shelf. Then he saw the body on the gurney. At his startled look Ducky explained,

"I didn't have a bed for the poor girl," he cutting Gibbs's questions off, "and she needed the rest. I was just looking for a sling when you arrived."

"she won't like that at all, Duck."

"I hardly think she'll enjoy the pain of a stab wound and a dislocated shoulder either, but she will cope."

"She's gonna be ok, right?"

"Yes, and extremely angry, I duped her into taking the sleeping meds." Gibbs shot Ducky a startled look. "she was obviously ina great deal of pain! I refused to operate on her, she would have passed out before long anyway!" he defended himself. Gibbs just chuckled and told Ducky they were headed back, and to bring Palmer to carry Ziva when they got there.

--------------<<<<<--------->>>>>----------------

A loud crash came from the back of the van as Palmer braked rather harshly in the autopsy garage. Palmer and Ducky winced, and Ducky sent Palmer a sidelong glare.

"She's already quite injured, Mr. Palmer. When you wheel her in, try to be a bit more careful."

"Sorry doctor." he said sheepishly as he opened the back of the van. Ziva was still asleep on the gurney, but there was a Medical bag of somesort was smooshing her. As the bag was lifted off her, Palmer winced at the bruises, apparently forming from the impact, on her arms and winced. With a sigh, he heaved the gurney out of the van, being careful not to jose the rider.

Once he was in autopsy, he looked around for Ducky, wondering what to do with his cargo. With a shrug, he lifted her unto an autopsy table, putting his jacket under her head, and returned to work.

"I may not be a doctor, but I know dead people don't snore." commented DiNozzo as he strolled in an hour later. Palmer laughed, then laughed louder as he realized how loudly the Mossad officer was snoring.

"I didn't know where to put her, and doctor Mallard left." he explained. "but what do you need? We don't have any bodies."

"yet." said Tony grimly, as he took in Ziva's battered form. "I'm here to bring her up. Gibbs thought shed be awake by now."

"normally she would be. But, dr. Mallard...duped her into taking anesthesia that knocked her out cold , because of her weakened state she'll be asleep for longer."

"I'm just gonna take her upstairs, there's a couch in the directors office and she a Ziva are pretty chummy.". With that, he scooped up Ziva gently, marveling at how little she weighed. He knew it was at least ten pounds less than what it should be. He sighed as the elevator closed: one stubborn Mossad agent, one terrorist cell, and a pissed off (ever since Kate died) boss. This week was going to be interesting.