Search

"To the bull pen!" Tony intoned cheerfully as he steered a steely-eyed Ziva away from the quivering terrorist. If he was honest with himself, he was scared too. It didn't show though, his pride wouldn't let it. Now that she was away from the interrogation room, her limp was noticeable and her breathing heavy. Tony made sure to keep a hand on the small of her back. Just in case she fell, not because he was attracted to the mysterious woman.

"He gave me names." she told Tony and the rest of the team assembled in the bullpen, including Abby. "He said they had family and would be impossible to find." she scribbled down the names clumsily with her bandaged hand and handed them to Gibbs.

"Tony, McGee!" Gibbs barked. "Find them, I want adresses, phone numbers, relatives, everything. Abby, run their faces against every camera footage available in the dc area from the last 24 hours."

The team immediately jumped into action, with McGee following Abby down to her lab, for the computer power and company. He stared at Ziva for a moment. Deciding what to do with her.

"I need official statements from you." he said finally. "And identify the rest of the men in custody." he handed her a file and gestured towards his desk before striding out of the room. Ziva collapsed into the chair, and decided she would finish the identifications first. They were the most important. She took a pen and hastily scribbled the name and everything she had managed to learn about each of them on the back of each mugshot.

Finally, she decided to close her eyes for just one minute. Everything hurt so bad, she just needed a break.

------<<<--------->>>-----------

"Zi-" Tony cut himself off as he realized that the woman was fast asleep. Her chin was tucked onto her chest, and her shoulders were slumped as she dozed in her chair. It was well past nighttime now, and in the dim light he almost couldn't see the bruises on her face; she almost looked like she was just sleeping. Realizing he was staring, he shook himself and headed for the stairs. He wanted to check in with Abby.

The normally peppy Abby was silent as he entered. Tony could swear it looked like shed been crying.

"Anything new Abbs?" he asked softly. She only jumped a little, before hugging him like he was a lifeline. McGee was gone, presumably back up to his desk, and the computer was running facial recognition on video footage.

"I feel crumby." she grumbled into his shirt. "Guilty. Even though I didn't really to anything. But I did.". She was pacing now. "I was rude, mean, to her! And look what happened! I'm an awful person!"

"Abby! Nothin is your fault, that was her control officers fault for landing her in that situation."

He looked at her sternly, "we were going through a rough patch. I didn't make the best first impression either." he said, thinking back to the first words he spoke to her once he found out her mission. Suddenly, he felt bad for her: in a place where everyone is rather hostile, abandoned by her country and comrades, searching for justice for those who tortured her. "I tell ya what Abby, she's sleeping now, but when she wakes up I'll send her down here,, so you cando the whole girl talk thing."

She punched him lightly in the shoulder as he wiggled his eyebrows, but was smiling now. "Thank you Tony."