Chapter 8

"I'm sorry Marshall. I just didn't know what to do or where to go and the first person I thought of was you and now I feel so fucking stupid for showing up at your place in the middle of the fucking night and I just-" He cut me off by placing his hand over my mouth.

"Will you shut the fuck up and calm down?" He asked me with a frown and worry in his eyes. I closed my eyes and noded as I took in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." I whispered and dropped my head in my hands.

"Hey, look at me. There's nothing you need to be sorry for Layla. Just tell me what happened." He said in a gentle voice, trying to get me to look at him. I dropped my hands and that small smile he had calmed me down.

"Can you help me with the boys?" I asked him and he smiled and nodded. Before I could turn he pulled me to him again and I sighed as I closed my eyes and put my arms around him. He kissed the top of my head and tightened his arms around me slightly.

"I'm glad you're here Layla." He said into my hair then let me go. He walked around the car and opened the door. I followed him and picked up Riley as he picked up Roan. The dude that drove us here had already taked our bags inside the house.

My jaw nearly hit the ground at the absolutely amazing interioir of his house. It was so gorgeous and huge. I followed Marshall up some stairs and then to a room. The room was a light blue with white and light blue bedding. The bed was huge and my boys looked so small and peacful in it. I stood there looking down at them for a while and nearly jumped out of my skin when Marshall put his hand on my shoulder.

"Can I get you something to drink?" He asked in a soft voice with a frown. I nodded and followed him out of the room. He lead me to the lounge and told me to have a seat. I thanked him and took a seat on the very expensive looking black leather couches.

"Thank you." I thanked Marshall as he handed me a glass of water. He shrugged then plopped down next to, yawning. I cringed and frowned at him. "Sorry for waking you up yet again."

"No worries. It was a good wake up though." He said with a small smile. I smiled too then my face dropped looking into the glass of water. Marshall was slouched down in his seat right noext to me as I sat with my side resting on the back of the couch with my knees bent under me and my head leaned against the back of the couch.

"I'm not a bother am I?" I asked him and he frowned at me.

"Of course you're not Layla." He said and then after a while of silence, he placed his hand on my knee and boy did that send a jolt of electricity through me. "Talk to me Layla."

"I saw Jerry again." I said and Marshall frowned at me. I couldn't keep eye contact with him, so I dropped my stare to his hand on my knee. He thought I felt uncomfortable and went to move his hand but I reached for it and placed my hand over his. He my hand with his thumb and that made me smile.

"Your skin is so soft." He mumbled out and when I looked up at him he was frowning at our hands. I looked at him and took a deep breath.

"Jerry and I used to date a few years ago." I said and Marshall looked at me with a frown, but didn't say anything. "We were young and I thought he was the one. I was head over fucking heels for the fucker." I said making Marshall chuckle at my choice of words. I narrowed my eyes at him with my own smile.

"Sorry." He said clearing his throat and dropping the smile. "Carry on." I took another deep breath and out of courage, I laced my fingers through Marshall's. I think I surprised us both there a bit.

"We had date night one night and he showed up, acting weird. He was drunk and he's always been very understanding of me wanting to take it slow." I took a sip of the water, hoping it would calm my nerves. "He forced himself on me that night. I begged him to stop." I closed my eyes as that night flashed through my head.