Chapter 6

My mom has been driving me insane this week. She's been on my back about meeting Marshall, but I don't think that well be to healthy for him. My mom can get a little too much sometime's. It's a good thing that Marshall has been busy in the studio this week and couldn't make luch, because my mom came by everyday for lunch to try and see if she could maybe see him.

"Oh come on Layla. I'm your mother. I deserve to meet the man that has been making my daughter so happy." She pushed as I rolled my eyes at my chicken salad on my plate.

"How many times do I have to say that we're just friends Mom. I don't have a man in my life." I said and Mitch scoffed as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah right. You're head over fucking heels for him Layle. Excuse my language Miranda." Mitch said smiling sweetly at my mom. She smiled and shook her head then frowned at me.

"Then why did you have a date the other night?" She asked and I sighed and dropped my head in my hands.

"It wasn't a date Mom. We just simply had dinner and watched a movie. As friends." I said shrugging. As much as I wished it was a real date, it wasn't. Marshall and I were simply just friends.

"Well I still want to meet him." My mom said in a disappointed voice. "If your dad can meet him, then I can too." I wanted to just groan right now. The knock at the door made me turn and face it with a frown. I got up and walked over to the door. I smiled at the boys on the couch, watching TV.

"Hi." Marshall said as I opened the door. I instanly had the biggest smile on my face and the corners of his mouth wanted to lift.

"Hi." I said back lamely and that made him chuckle.

"Hope you don't mind me just dropping by?" He asked unsure as he shoved his hands in his pockets. I smiled and shook my head.

"You know you're always welcome Marshall." I smiled and leaned my head against the door I held in my hand still. Marshall nodded then grabbed my elbow and pulled me to him. I giggled and put my arms around his waist, damn I loved his hugs.

"Layla sweety? Who's here?" I dropped my head on Marshall's chest and groaned. I was so happy to see him that I completely forgot my mom and Mitch were here. Marshall chuckled and looked down at me amused.

"What's up Layla?" Marshall asked and I looked up at him then sighed.

"My mom's here." I said and Marshall's eyebrows shot up and he smiled.

"Is that bad?" He asked leaning in to whisper to me. I giggled and shook my head.

"Not really. She's just been bugging me to meet you." I blurted then cursed myself in my head. Way to go Layla.

"Why?" Marshall asked as he tilted his head to the side a little. He looked so damn adorable doing that.

"Well I've talked about you before." I said getting really shy. Marshall smirked and rose his eyebrow at me.

"So you talk about me?" He asked all cocky and I just blushed and dropped my face in my hands. Marshall chuckled and pulled me in for a hug. "I'm just fucking with you Layle." He said kissing the top of my head. "But I'd love to meet the woman who brought up this amazing woman." He said smiling down at me. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I let him in the house.

"Mashall!" The boys beamed at him when they saw him.

"Hey guys." Marshall said, ruffling both their hairs as they ran to give him a hug.

"Hey Mom? Can you come here please?" I called my mom as Marshall played with the boys.

"Who was it sweety?" My mom asked me with a frown then smiled once she saw Marshall coming to stand next to me. "Oh, I take it this is Marshall?" She asked and I glanced at him then smiled and looked at her.