Chapter 9

I hear a noise in the house I look at the time its 3:36 am the sun was still not up. I hear the noise again. I get up and walk towards the noise. I tip toe so I wouldn't wake up my dad. Even tho I should, but I don't.

I walk slowly to the leaving room. I see someone sitting in on couch. I only could see their blond hair. I walk to him slowly. I was about to tap his shoulder. He then turns around quickly. I gasp in fear. "Why did you let him kill me! I thought you loved me!"

My tears fall down my face when I realized it was Neal. I turn around and I see Julie. "I thought we were friends. You should have been the one to die not me!" I run up stairs. Then stop. Ruben is looking down on me. "If only you backed away from Neal this wouldn't had happen. You killed me! I loved you!"

They all charged at me. I wake up screaming continually. My dad rushes in my room with a baseball bat. He then puts it down when he realize I just had another nightmare. He comes up to me and hugs me.

"Its okay it's just a dream." He reassures me. My heart was beating fast. I have been having those dreams for a long time. I expect to be over by it, but I can't. The two people I cared and love the most died on my hands because of me.

I look at the time. It read 5:55 am. I sigh. "I'm sorry for waking you up." I look down. He picks my chin up. "Its okay, don't be sorry son. I had to get up at six anyways." I looked at him confused.

"Why?" I asked. He gets up from my bed. "I have to work in the field with your uncle John to get a fresh start before the sun comes up." I nod. "Oh okay." He walked out of my room.

I can hear the roosters ca-ca-doodling their heads off. I couldn't go back to sleep.

So I got up went to the bathroom and turn on the bath. I put the bubble soup in it and wait till the tub got full. I turn off the faucet. And took of my clothes off and step in the steaming water. I lay my body down and just tried to relax. I washed my body thinking about the dream. I close my eyes to try and forget it.

I have been in the shower for about a good twenty minutes. I unplug the tub, got out of the shower, got my towel and dry myself before I got out. As I was about to go to my room and look for my clothes.

I hear a knock on the door. I see my dad open it, I wait to see who it was. My eyes widened when I saw Scotty. My cheeks turned red when he sees me. He looks down at me and smiles I realized I didn't have my towel covering me. I gasped and ran to my room and close the door.

What the heck is he doing at my house at this time? And why is my dad still home? Thank God my dad didn't see me! I quickly went through my boxes that are label 'my clothes'. I put on some briefs and my blue jeans and a dark gray shirt. I put on my covers.

I looked at my self in my mirror to see if I look presentable. Then I go down stairs like if the incident didn't happen. Scotty is sitting on the couch. I walk up to him.

"So what made you come this early?" I asked him he turns around to look at me. "Just thought I would stop by and help you fix up the place." He smiled and looked me up and down. I walk to sit next to him. I look around the living room. I see the boxes that are label 'living room'.

"At this time?" I asked him. He smile uncomfortably. "I'm sorry I probably sound like a jerk right now. Here you are offering help and I'm questio-" he place his ruff fingers on my lips. I look into his ocean blue eyes and just melted when he spoke. "Hush, it's okay, let's just get started." I nod and we got up. We stared with the living room.

We stared opening boxes. I open the box that had our family pictures. I smiled when I saw the picture of my mom and dad hugging each other when they went to their honeymoon.