Author's Note: Two Million Reads and Oh Hello There Harper Cain!

Hey darling Chapelites, 

It's been a while again, hasn't it? 

For those of you who happen to see my page notifications, follow my Facebook author page or hang out in the Chapelite Asylum group, you might just have seen my recent posts about hitting the two million reads mark on Playing Dead, the first instalment to the Whitechapel Chronicles! 

I'm just thrilled and frankly, stunned that PD has hit the two million mark - which yeah, yeah, I know falls WAY short of some books on Wattpad, but I like to think it's something of a milestone for me and for the series as a whole. 

I'm a little bit late with the celebratory bonus chapter, but I hope this goes some way to make up for it! 

Just a few notes before you start reading: 

This chapter is a prequel Harper chapter and is set before Harper becomes a vampire. If you recall, we got a little background on Harper in The Lost when he told Megan about his upbringing as a preacher's son during the Prohibition era in Boston and how he ended up working for local Irish gangster, Frank Wallace. 

Just for ref, Frank Wallace - Harper's boss - was a real Irish gangster who ran the notorious Gustin Gang, together with his brother's Steve and Jim. Their other brother, Billy, owned a speakeasy on Old Colony Avenue, called The Sportlight and the Gustin Gang supplied Billy, and other speakeasies, with bootlegged booze. The Gustin Gang were renowned for various crimes, most notably hijacking rum-runners off the Boston shoreline, particularly rum-runners owned by the Italian gangsters who ran North Boston. Eventually, after hijacking a massive shipment owned by Italian gangster, Joseph Lombardi, Frank and his second-in-command, Bernie Walsh were lured to a meeting with Joe to put an end to their feud, only to be ambushed and killed. 

Lucille Cerone is purely fictional. As is Harper. But you knew that already, right? ;-) 

You might recall I mentioned previously about a possible Harper novella, well, this might just be the start of something, who knows? 

Anyway ... a gazillion thanks to all of you who helped PD get to 2 million. I can't thank you enough for your support, it really does mean the world and I hope that you enjoy learning a little more about Harper's world pre-vamp years. 

Love and vamp kisses, 

Linz xxx

PS. If you're wondering why some words look a little funky, it's because I have to try and get Harper through the Wattad sensors. They're a little stuffy over his colourful language ;-)