Author's Note: The Endgame

And so, Chapelites, I left you with the cliffhanger of all cliffhangers and not only did I leave you all dangling precariously but I also stamped on your fingers and left you waiting for simply AGES. 

Yes, yes, I know it was cruel of me, but as you all know me so well by now, you know that leaving you all to wait so long is more out of necessity, as opposed to sadistically enjoying your pain. 

As I've mentioned before, this story at some point developed a life of its own and took me down a path I never quite expected and now, as we run headlong into the final chapters, it was important to me to get the ending right. I need to do it justice. I need to do Megan justice. And to do that, I've needed time to work through every paragraph, every sentence, every word, then time to beat my head against a wall, cry, wail and lament at how crap it was, start again and go around in circles editing and editing a bit more, until now, I'm finally at a point where I can update. 

So please forgive me for the extra-long wait this time (I hope you do!) but the good news is that taking time out to finish the book means I can upload in fairly quick succession, rather than leaving you all to go old and grey in between updates. 

The end, as they say, is nigh. 

Thank you for your patience. Thank you for reading. Thank you for clinging onto that cliff. 

Linz xxxx