Chapter 9

it's been a long while since I've updated this story. It was time. So...

Hope you enjoy it

Kal

***************

Nina's POV

The moment Cian left the wolves turned their attention from Cian back to me. The alpha immediately semi shifted and all but growled at me in a half human half wolf tone.

"How dare you disrespect me in front of a half breed Fae dragon mutt? I am an alpha!"

Then he actually took a step forward in my direction. I knew he intended to physically dominate me. Every fiber in my body knew that just wasn't going to happen. I was raised in a Bastet pride not a Lycan wolf pack. I'd never allowed a male to dominate me simply because he was male. It didn't make a difference to me if it was the twenty third century AD or the negative twenty third century AD. I was so much more than these people could ever imagine.

I was not only Lycan and Bastet, I am also Vampire. Hell, I am the first vampire they have ever seen. Depending on the timeline, I might even be the only one they will ever see in their lifetime. With this crazy backward time travel I honestly have no idea if vampires even exist yet. If my dreams are true then I am the first. Kenyan would still be human and for the next three years I will be the only vampire to walk the earth. Who knows, maybe it's because of me that the blood spell is created in the first place that creates Kenyan. Everything I ever thought I knew is now questionable. Maybe Kenyan wasn't the first. Maybe I am. Maybe I am the chicken not the egg.

While I was lost in thought, the Alpha managed to get himself within arm's length of me. My body moved back several steps on instinct. Then I decided perhaps I should enlighten them on just who and what they were facing. I gave the alpha and his pack a wide bright smile before I shimmered and shifted into my very large and very powerful tiger form. I saw the Lycan's freeze in place. Several of their heads tilted sideways in confusion as they attempted to make sense of what they were seeing.

They knew I entered their camp last night as a wolf. Now I could tell they were wondering if I'd used magic of some sort. So I decided to give them a full capabilities show. I was like no other being that has ever existed on earth. I am immortal and invincible. I have the strengths of three great species and none of their weaknesses. I gave them a few moments to allow my current form to penetrate their minds before turning back to my human form and baring my long fangs.

I laughed as several of the wolves whimpered and fell to the ground in submissive forms. Then I used my superhuman vampire speed and strength to snatch up the alpha and slam him roughly to the ground nearly breaking his neck and back in the process. Then with my hand tightly wrapped around his neck I commanded that he shift. He shifted without hesitation. The moment he was human I bent down and allowed my fangs to slide smoothly into his neck. I wanted to demean him but not truly injure him. I was here in this time and place to help not harm. With that in mind I didn't use any of my mind powers to soften my feeding but I did make it look more painful than it really was. I drank my fill before I roughly tossed him aside and shouted loudly enough for all members of the pack to hear

"My name is Nina Marie Renza. I am unlike anyone or anything you have ever seen before. I was born of all races and species. I have the best features of every race with none of the weaknesses. I am invincible and cannot be killed."

Then just because I didn't really know how to explain what a vampire was but needed them to not only fear me but to respect me I decided to embellish a little.

"I am born of the gods! I can take any animal form I desire. Lycan, Bastet, Naga, Dragon and even Fae if my heart desires. You cannot kill me so don't bother trying. I am here for one reason only. That is to help end the war and save your children. Do you want to accept my help or forsake it and sentence your children to death?"