Chapter 2

I would love to see lots of comments.  Do you like it?  What do you think of Nina Marie going back in time?  Is it plausible?  Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Kal

****************

Cian's POV

I had expected that finding out that she'd just been transported back several hundred thousand years was going to be very hard for Nina. But even knowing didn't prepare me for her reaction. I found myself at a loss for words and actions when she threw her head back and actually howled. It was low and sounded very menacing. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I was even more surprised when I heard members within COR howling back.

In a matter of moments, we were surrounded by COR wolves. Each of them assessing Nina as she evaluated them back. Then the resident alpha and council member Luke stepped up and went nose to nose with Nina Marie. I heard him growl before he said

"I am Luke the alpha of the wolves living within COR. Identify yourself and tell me why you howled a distress. More importantly why did it carry the tone of an alpha? You are clearly a female and it's not possible for females to be alpha wolves. I suggest you start talking fast. I would also suggest it's in your best interest to bow your head while in the presence of a true alpha."

I watched as Nina's face turned red with what I assumed was anger before she took several long deep breaths. I knew from recent experience that she did that to calm herself. During our conversation she would pause occasionally and take several long breaths. When I questioned her, she said she found it soothing and that it was preferable to ripping my head off. I agreed and never interfered with her breathing again. Unfortunately, Luke didn't question her breathing, instead he shifted and attacked.

Since Luke had already been standing nose to nose with Nina when he shifted it should have been a simple task for an alpha to clasp her neck within his large jaws. However, when Luke's jaws snapped closed, he found nothing but empty air. Nina managed to avoid his grasp with ease. Then she turned the tables on Luke. Nina wasn't as good in combat as she had insinuated, she was better. Luke looked like an untrained puppy in comparison to Nina Marie. She was so good, she never even bothered to shift.

The entire confrontation took less than three minutes. I never even had the chance to consider defending her. Before I realized what happened Luke and all of the other wolves were already submitting to Nina. Just as they were about to swear allegiance Nina stopped them by holding her hand in the air. Then she said in loud but calm voice

"Despite my abilities in combat, I cannot be your alpha. I am not a pure Lycan. I am a half breed and am capable of shifting into both my wolf form and my Bastet tiger form.

I require only your respect and friendship. My name is Nina Marie Renza. I am the daughter of Laura and Jeremy Renza. I was born in the Brazilian Bastet Pride of South America. I am one of six children but I am the only one capable of shifting into both of my animal forms. I called you wolves here, because I am distressed and need the words of my fellow wolves to understand and confirm the truth. I've been told by the red guy over there"

She paused mid-sentence and flicked her thumb towards me before continuing

"that this place is called COR and that it's basically an alternate universe. I've also been told that the Fae war is still in progress. That would mean I was transported back in time several hundred thousand years. If I am correct the Fae wars ended approximately one hundred and ninety-five thousand years ago."

She stopped speaking and looked expectantly at Luke then at the rest of the wolves still in the room. Luke rolled his neck around then glanced in my direction before snapping his head back towards Nina. Then to my surprise he lowered himself to one knee in a sign of respect. The remainder of his pack seeing his response also lowered themselves to one knee before Luke spoke