Death

(Wally is alive.)

Nightwing stared blankly at the bottle in his hands. Who knew that saving the world could come at such a cost.

They were saviors, heroes. And then it all fell around him in glass shards.

Flashback:

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Superboy shouted angrily. "I was try to save the world!" Nightwing retorted. "I put Kaldur in a coma! If I had known-" M'gann was cut off by Artemis. "If you knew then you wouldn't fight as hard." The blonde archer pointed out and Nightwing sighed.

"Artemis I can fight my own battles." He said and Artemis looked away frustrated. "If you had known then it could endanger the mission-"

"And you're all about the mission." La'gaan said sourly. "Hey! You don't get to talk!" Artemis snapped and the newbie instantly shut up.

"I was trying to do my job and stop the light! I'm not going to risk the safety of billions just to tell you guys some words!" Nightwing said sounding exasperated but on the inside he was hurt.

"Nightwing, La'gaan is right. How can we trust you when all you care about is the job." M'gann said and Garfield stepped away from her.

"M'gann, of all people I thought you would understand." Garfield said and everyone looked at him. "He knew too?!" Tim cried in betrayal directed at his brother.

"No, but I get why Nightwing did what he did. Why you guys don't is beyond me." Beast boy commented harshly. "Thank you Garfield but if you guys can't trust me then I guess I can't lead." Nightwing turned away to the zeta-tubes and right before he left, he shot one last glance over his shoulder.

"I quit."

Flashback over.

Dick sat on his bed looking at the pills that taunted him. He poured out five in his hand and read the label.

A serving size of 2! Dick poured the entire bottle into his hand, the soft clattering reaching his ears. That should be enough.

Meanwhile, Wally was racing terrified to Dick's apartment. Don't do it Dick! Don't do it. Wally thought frantically.

Dick put two pills at the back of his throat and swallowed them dry. Without pausing he grabbed three more, digesting those as well.

Dick ripped off his mask and threw it at the wall, the fabric making no sound as it fell to the floor.

"Dick!" Nightwing heard Wally calling his name but ignored it. "Dick don't! STOP!" But Dick tipped back his head and poured the remain drugs into his mouth. He swayed on his feet and heard faint banging on his door.

"DICK!" Wally broke the door down just in time to see his best friend collapse in a heap, broken.

"NO!" Wally cried and sped over to Dick. He started shaking Dick's body hoping for the teen to wake but knowing that the worst had occurred. Tears rushing down his face Wally took Dick's slack face in his hands and gently kissed the dead boy's forehead and closing his empty eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

----------------------

Really short I know.

[not edited.]

-catsaremeow.