Sadness

ellarougeone dared me to try and write a one-shot more depressing then Le Mis so...

Robin's POV.

"Hey Bruce how was patrol?" I asked getting off of the chair that sat in front of the batcomputer. I looked up at Bruce when he didn't respond. Bruce walked up to me without speaking and wrapped his hand around my neck. "Bru-Bruce!" I struggled and tried in vain to free myself.

"How was your night Master Br-Master Bruce!" Alfred dropped the porcelain tea tray he was holding making it shatter into a million pieces on the floor. Bruce threw me at the butler and we crashed to the ground in a heap.

"Alfred... get help." I rasped out and Alfred shook his head. "No Master Dick, you need to escape. I will hold off Master Bruce for as long as I can." Alfred said standing in front of me protectively. I reluctantly agreed and stood behind him. After the British elder engaged Bruce I snuck behind them and got to the zeta-tubes.

A loud snap made me stop in my tracks.

I turned to see Alfred's lifeless body fall to the floor, limp. "NO!" I screamed and Bruce turned to me. I stared frozen as Bruce got closer. He walk right up to me and grabbed me by the arm violently.

Third POV

"I'm so boreddddd." Wally complained drawing out the 'd'. "No one cares." Artemis snapped not looking up from her magazine. "To cure out boredom do you think we could give Rob a tiny bit of sugar-" Wally was cut off by the entire team. "NO." They scolded.

Recognized Robin B-0-1.

"Finally!" Wally said and sped to the zeta-tubes. The whole team sprung up when they hear a horrified cry. "ROBIN!" Wally screamed and everyone came running to see their teammate half-conscious cradled in the arms of Wally.

There were wounds all over his body and he was bleeding badly. A serious looking cut bled from his shoulder and there was a bruise already forming on his forearm. Above his eye a slice glistened showing his bone underneath. 

"What happened?" M'gann asked. "Batman-" Robin said and Wally zoomed him to a couch in the lounge.

"You said Batman did this?" Kaldur question but Robin had become unconscious. "Do you really think Batman..." "...Robin wouldn't lie!..." "...do not jump to conclusions..." The team conversed in hushed tones. While they were talking Superboy tried to contact the league and Artemis disabled the zeta-tubes for Batman so that he couldn't get in that way.

Recognized Red Arrow...

The teens looked at each other worriedly before Roy walked in and his attention was immediately brought to the child on the couch. In a frenzy Roy dropped everything and kneeled at Robin's side to check for a pulse.

Once he found it he sighed in relief and leaned back on his knees. Seeming to remember the others in the room Roy stood. "What. The. Hell. Happened." He growled through gritted teeth turning around to glare at them.

"We don't know. Robin said that Batman did it." Artemis said and Roy's face hardened. "His own mentor?!" Roy seethed.

"That bastard is dead." Roy snapped but stopped when a small feeble voice sounded. "No. Don't." Robin pleaded and his soft voice took Roy by surprise. The murderous expression in the archer's face melted. "Why? He hurt my family and no one gets away with that." Roy said in a sweet tone squatting down so that the two were face-to-face.