Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The Shadows P.O.V.

Looks like my plan worked. She's in the hospital. She had a coma. Fantastic. 

I may seem terrible, but I aim to please only my boss. And if my boss wants her gone, then that's what going to happen. 

I'm not going to let Damien get in the way. 

No matter what is takes.

**

I made my way to my boss's office to see if he is please with what I have done.

"Hi boss" I whispered, walking into his office.

Our hide out was in an alley just across town. It was the only place that receives the least amount of people coming in and out.

"Hi Ben." He said simply. Yet his words boomed inside of my skull. I'm not going to lie; this guy scared the wits out of me.

"Have you heard that Ana is in the hospital? She was in a coma." I said, pleased.

"No, I was not informed about this... That's good to hear. Did you do that?" He quizzed.

"Yes Sir." I said; a broad smile on my face.

"Don't get to cocky. She isn't dead yet." He said.

"I know sir, I’ll get there."

With that, he returned to his computer, doing God knows what.

I walked out, my pride put aside, to finish this mission.

I walked to my place, which wasn't that far from here. I whistled an unknown song, and opened the door to my small house. Boss made sure that each one of his employs had a place to stay at, mine being the biggest of them all. 

It was still small compared to the house that he had. I was happy though. I'm the only one there, and I’m barely ever inside, I just go there to sleep, eat, and think. Most of the time I’m out and about, watching Ana from a distance. The girl is almost never in the same place for a long time. 

What really intrigued me was the fact that she went to Ms. Baines house, Sam's mother. Of all places to go, she went there. That was just a couple of days ago. I wonder what she was doing there. I couldn't make out the conversation going on inside. It was all just a bunch of mumbling.

Sometimes I don't understand the means of this girl...

When I got in my house, I was welcomed by my mess of a dog. 

I rescued him when he was just a baby. He was put in a shelter, and was soon going on a death role. He wouldn't eat, and wouldn't bark. They thought something was wrong with him, so they were going to put him down. Truth was, he just wanted love. I'm not completely horrible. I have a soft spot for animals.

To this day, he's healthy. He's a mess because I haven't been able to wash him. I quickly turned the water on, and picked him grimy little body, and started to wash him. When I was done, I decided to plan the death of Ana Gregory.

**

Ana's P.O.V.

I was feeling better. My voice was becoming more usual, instead of the raspy small sound.

Damien hasn't left my side. I found it kind of cute. I still don't know him like I want to know him. But I think it's going to be awhile until he opens up. The past few days, he's been really quite, deep in thought. I wanted to know what he was thinking, but knew better than to ask him.