Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Dear Diary, I know it’s been a few weeks, but I’ve been busy with my best friend Terra. She's been helping me with my broken heart. She's even helping me get another love interest. But I told her that I’m not ready just yet for another relationship. Why? Because I’m afraid that if I get to close to them, then the same thing will happen to them. That's not a destiny to wish on anyone. With that said, I probably won’t be able to write as often as I wish to. 

I hope someday I'll be able to get over Sam. One day I'll find someone that won't have to suffer the effects that seem to come with being with me....

On an annoying note, my mother is STILL with her 'Boyfriend'. I seem to hate him more with every day that passes! What makes matters worse is that no matter how hard I try to ignore him, he finds a way to find me and then ATTEMPT to talk to me. Terra says that he's just trying to be nice. I would have assumed that if he was normal, but there's just something about him that sparks within me! And I’m not talking about that romantic spark, because that would be weird. I'm talking about this uncomfortable spark. I really don't know how to explain it, but I sure as hell didn't like it!"

As soon as I finished the last sentence, my mom walked in and looked at my diary. I quickly sat on it and put the fakest smile that I was capable of making. She gave me a skeptical look, but I just assured her that I had nothing to hide.

"Honey, Harry is coming for dinner tonight." She gave me a smile, "I know you don't like him, but try and make him feel welcome. At least try..." 

"I'll try, but I won't guarantee anything." I said turning away from her.

I can't stand Harry! Why does my mom have to like him! It's bad enough that he makes it a habit to come here almost EVERY other day... Can't they go out and eat? Like a normal couple? It would make me so much happier! 

My mother walked out of the room, and I quickly went to my door to close it. Once I heard it click, I locked it, and hid my diary. I can't have her read it. I put it in the usual spot under my mattress. I know it seems like a ridiculous place to hid something so personal, but I know my mom would NEVER look under there. 

I was still in pajamas considering it was 8 in the morning. I walked to my closet and picked out some clothes to wear. While looking, I came across one of Sam's shirts. I've always had this shirt. He let me keep it when he realized that I always complimented him on it. The shirt had Domo on it, and it said "Nerds need love too!”  I smiled absentmindedly, and grabbed it. I know it might sound crazy, but it still smelled like him. After a year, and the smell was still so strong! Like he just took it off, and hung it there. I looked for some pants to go with the shirt, and settled for some light denim shorts. I set the clothes on my bed, and walked to my drawers. I looked for a random pair of socks, a pair of underwear, and a bra. I'm not one to worry to much about matching, considering that no one is going to see it.

Since my bathroom was attached to my room, I walked to the door and turned on the light. I set my clothes on the counter with the sink, and turned on the water. I undressed myself, not rushing, and checked to see if the water was still cool. When I felt that it was warm, I jumped in, and let the amazingly warm water run down my back. I let my muscles relax, knowing that I'm going to have to be as relaxed as possible for tonight's dinner. When I was done relaxing, I started to actually take a shower. I was going to get out when I heard a noise. It sounded like a thump. From where? I have no idea.

I quickly turned off the water and grabbed my towel. Soaking wet, I got out of the shower, walked around the bathroom. There were no signs of anything strange. I looked out the window, and noticed that it was opened. Just a smidge. I looked outside, heart pounding, and sweat running down my body. I didn't see anything strange outside. I quietly closed the window shut, and locked it. I inched back slowly, my eyes not leaving the window, and I saw something flash by it. I gasped loudly, and ran out of the bathroom, still in my towel.