Part 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Max has been helping Pamela around the house for a few days, since the blindness and such. Once Pamela said she had the hang of it, Max snapped her fingers and was in the passenger seat of the impala, Sam beside her. Sam looked over at her and jumped, Max rolled her eyes and chuckled.

Max has been keeping a close eye on Sam since he came back, and he was out pretty late and she decided to check on him.

"So, Sammy. Is this just a midnight stroll, or are you going to kill those demons in that diner?" Max asked him, turning and looking him in the eyes. Sam's eyes widened slightly and he sighed.

"You here to bust me?" Sam asked her, Max shook her head and chuckled.       

"Only if you don't listen." Max said, earning a nod from Sam.

"I can sense it, Sam. The demon blood. I feel it pumping through your veins. It scars me to think that one day your gonna go dark side. I love you to much for that, so does Dean. I mean, come on Sammy, demon blood. You have to know that's wrong."

"Max, I'm sorry."

"Yeah? Don't do anything after tonight, or I'll tell Dean." Max snapped her fingers and was in the back of her fathers car, Dean and Bobby in the front. She knew exactly what they were doing.

"You guys know I can help with this right? I am whatever this thing is." Max said.

Dean turned around and pulled a gun out, while Bobby swerved off the road then back on. Dean lowered the gun and sighed, shaking his head.

"Don't say that, it could be a demon."

"But it isn't. You know that Dean." Max said back, making him look at her.

"How would you know?"

"Well, I'm not a demon, so there."

"Touché."

Max, Bobby, and Dean drove to a barn in the middle of nowhere and stared to spray paint symbols to keep whatever it was they were summoning, away.

Max finished the last symbol and stood up, walking beside her father and Dean, they were looking at weapons to use.

"This is still a bad idea." Bobby said, making Max chuckle.

"Yeah, Dad. We heard it the first ten times." Max said, smiling softly.

"What do you say we ring the dinner bell?" Bobby nods and walks with Dean to the table where the ritual is set up, Max stayed to the side.

Bobby started putting things in the dish and saying things in latin as Dean and Max readied their selfs.

After a minute of nothing happening, Dean sat on a table and Max joined him, he looked over at her and sighed.

"You ready?"

"Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I don't know if I should stab or thank him first."

Dean laughed softly and shook his head, it went silent after that. Bobby started to whistle and swing his legs.

"You sure you did the ritual right?" Dean asked. Bobby stopped whistling and looked up at him, he tilted his head and stared at him, a pissed look in his eyes.

"Sorry." Dean answered his own question." Touchy, touchy, huh?"

The wind stared to howl as Max looked up at the door, she stood to her feet and stared at the door. Dean and Bobby joined her standing when a loud rumbling noise started, the top of the barn was going up then slamming down.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind." Dean said looking around, Max bitch faced him.

"It's not, stupid."

The lights hanging in the barn blew one by one heading to the door, the wooden piece they had blocking the door snapped as the doors opened and a dark figure walked in. A male with brown hair, blue eyes, walked in wearing a trench coat over a dress shirt and black dress pants.

Max watched the man while Bobby and Dean were flinching at the lights sparking as their guns were raised. They shot at the man nearing them as Max stared at him, seeing things her family couldn't, wings on his back.

Dean had his back against the table as the man neared him, once the man got closer Dean picked up the demon knife.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition."

"Yeah? Thanks for that." Dean said and stabbed him. The man just stood there looking at him. The man took the knife out of his chest and let it it fall to the ground.

Bobby grabbed his machete tightly, swinging it at the man. He stuck his hand up and grabbed it, he then placed his pointer and middle finger to Bobby's forehead, making him fall to the ground.

The man turned around and looked at Dean." We need to talk, Dean. Without the human." He looked back at Bobby then to Dean.

Dean looked over at Max who snapped her fingers and made Bobby appear beside her so she could make sure he was okay. Dean looked back at the man.

"That doesn't apply to Maximum. She is the same species as I am." Dean walked over to Bobby and Max and looked down at them.

"Is he okay?"

Max nodded, Dean looked over at the man." Who are you?"

"Castiel."

Max looked up at the man, eyeing him closely.

"Yeah, I figured that much. I mean what are you?"

Castiel looked up at him slowly." I'm an angel of the lord."

Max looked down at Bobby and closed her eyes softly, then opened them and looked at Castiel. He was staring at Dean, like he was staring into his soul.

"Get the hell out of here. There's no such thing."

Max stood up and watched Castiel walk over in front of Dean and sigh.

"This is your problem, Dean. You can't open your eyes to see what's been in front of you this whole time." Castiel said, looking over at Max, who scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Castiel walked over to her slowly and looked at her." You know who I am. You've heard me talk to our brother, Uriel."

Max nodded slowly as she took a step back toward the wall. As he neared her, Max remembered the many times she heard the man in front of her's voice. She remembers all the times she's heard the little flutter of whigs when she would snap her fingers. She remembered everything.

"I-I can't be an angel." Max said softly to herself as the man finally stood right in front of her." I don't have wings. I can't be."

"Angels who are in your situation, who don't even know their angels, get their wings slowly after they realize what they truly are."

A loud thunder clap was heard as Castiel's wings grew out, Dean's eyes widened as he saw them as a shadow. As Castiel's wings closed, their was one more set of wings, which only had little feathers, but one by one more was growing. They were bigger then Castiel's, but before Dean could study them more they closed.

Castiel reached up and touched Max's forehead and she fell to the ground.

"What the hell did you do to her?!"