Part 9

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Sam, Dean is back. He showed up at Dad's today. Dad and I checked him to make sure he wasn't a demon or shapeshifter, he isn't anything along those lines. He's back, and we're coming to look for you. Sam, call me back, please." Max said softly into her phone, she hung up and placed her phone on Bobby's desk, feet propped up and crossed.

Max looked up at Dean and smiled, he smiled back. She uncrossed her feet and put them on the floor, standing up and walking to Dean, standing in front of him. She reached her hand to his cheek and cupped it gently, looking up into his eyes.

"Dean, listen, hell is a horrible place. I know time is different down there, a month up here, is like ten years down there." She said softly, he looked down at his hands and nodded slowly.

"You don't have to tell me, just, let me have a look? Please?" Max asked quietly.

Dean looked up from his feet and into Max's eyes." Why? So you can get to know me better?" Dean asked sarcastically.

"No, Dean. I know hell hurt you, both physically and mentally, I can see it. Just, do this one thing for me. Please?" Max looked him in the eyes as she begged. He nodded slightly,

Max brought her hand off Dean's cheek and to his forehead, almost touching it. He reached up and grabbed her wrist, looking down into her eyes.

"Whatever you see, don't tell anyone else, got it?" Dean asked. Max nodded her head and gently placed her pointer and middle finger to his forehead.

It was like a movie, Dean's thoughts and memories flooded into Max's head like a river. Then they showed up in her eyes, where she could see them play through. Memory's of being tortured shows in front of her, after 30 years in hell, taking all that pain. Dean starts to torture people, up until he got out.

The visions stop and Max's knees buckle, she falls to the ground and looks up at Dean. He drops down to his knees and picks her up, standing up and waking to the chair behind Bobby's desk and sitting her down in it.

"Did you see what you needed to?" Dean asked her. Max looked up at him, eyes wondering like she was still in a daze.

"Dean?"

"Yes?"

"You know, you did what you had to do. Thirty years is a long time to take that much pain." Dean turned around and started to walk away.

"Dean, come back here. I'm not finished." Max called out. He turned around and looked at her, you could see he was upset by his facial expression.

"Let me see the hand print."

"How did you-"

"Dean, I got all of your thoughts and memories since you've been gone. So, don't try to lie." Dean groaned and walked behind the desk, sitting on it in front of Max. He pulled his shirt sleeve up and Max's eyes widened.

There it was, just like Max saw in the vision. A large hand print that looks like it was scorched into Dean's left shoulder. Max brought her hand up to it quickly, she didn't touch it, but she let her hand float over it for a few minutes.

Max looked up at Dean for approval to touch it, he nodded and she gently placed her hand down on the print. She didn't get a vision, but she could feel the power radiating off of it, there's no way it was a demon. She looked up at Dean and frowned.

"There's something I didn't see."

"Are you kidding me? Like what?"

"That print isn't from a demon, it's something way more powerful." Max said, taking her hand off the print and standing up, wobbling slightly. Dean grabbed her arms and helped her gain her balance.

"What else could it be?" Dean asked, she looked up at him and grabbed his arms gently.

"I think what got you out, is what I am." Max whispers, Dean's eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"Where'd you get that from?"

"I felt it when I touched it. The feeling is all to familiar."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Let's get Sam."

Max nodded and Dean helped her walk to the living room, where Bobby sat. They found where Sam was and started on their way.