An angel... fading

Angelene wandered through the lonely halls of the Phantomhive estate, humming softly, ignoring the throbbing pain on her waist.

Since the Drew incident, Ciel became strangely talkative around her, like what had happened earlier when Angelene brought him tea.

Ciel often asked her of things she remembered when she was still in the care of the Leonards. Angelene didn't know whether to be concerned or happy. Happy, that finally, her master's getting more and more comfortable around her, and Concerned, that Ciel might know something she doesn't.

It was all very strange.

Angelene's thoughts were interuppted when Sebastian came out from Ciel's office, holding a an ancient camera and an undeveloped photograph film. Sebastian wore an amused grin before looking towards Angelene's direction.

"Lady Angelene."

Angelene smiled softly nodding her head in acknowledgement, "Sebastian. May I ask why do you wear such an infectious grin?"

Sebastian merely chuckled softly, the melodic sound echoing throughout the dark halls, before handing her the photo.

"The desires of a young boy that is not of this world."

Angelene gave him a blank look, in return, his eyes glintedwith excitement, as the tone of his voice became slightly frustrated.

"Perhaps you ought to see the photo, to know why."

Angelene took the photo wearily. She opened her mouth to say something, but the butler was nowhere to be seen.

Sighing, she squinted and begand to stare blankly at the picture in her hands.

"Not of this world you say."

Angelene blinked, and slowly, as if realizing what she's seeing, she began shaking her head.

"N-no."

There, lay Ciel sleeping on his desk and on his side was Sebastian, wearing his signature grin, while a white-haired girl who seemed to be sitting on his desk and slowly fading.

Angelene knew for sure that her life was slowly becoming out of this world.

***

Ciel was walking barefooted through a field of black roses with thorns that seem to be reaching out to the unblemished stem of the huge white rose in the middle of the field, and between each black roses, was a small blue butterfly that seemed to be tangled in a spiderweb. Suddenly a crow that seemed to be pecking on a destroyed tarantula, perched atop the white rose, made a malignant sound and stared at him. The crow's head snapped to the side where a wooden door was located at the end of the field.

Ciel slowly approached it, following the sound of a little girl's song, as if it hypnotized him and before opening and finding a white-haired little girl, at the corner of the room bloody and bruised. Ciel, not minding the small attic, slowly approached the sobbing girl when the view faded into a dark oblivion.

"H-hello?!? Wh-where-"

Ciel stopped short when a light infront of him appeared and slowly grew into a figure of Angelene. Ciel became even more baffled when Sebastian appeared between them and smiled, the seal in Ciel's eye illuminating- whilst Angelene's skin glowing into the light he once hoped to see when he witnessed the nightmare of being an orphan.

Ciel's eyes closed, feeling himself untangling from his bittersweet dream, but not before hearing a voice that said, "I did it for you."

Ciel's head snapped to Inspector Aberlain. Ciel merely took a sip on the aromatic tea and a bite on the mooncake Ran Mau served to cover up the fact that his mind was elsewhere.