Chapter 5.

It had been a week since my body had recovered and the illness most likely had been passed onto the next victim.

Luckily it hadn’t ventured to Nathan, saving his vocal chords for his much needed job and no affecting the rest of the band in turn.

Since our day had been ruined together and he was soon going to be leaving me and the country to tour around Europe for a few weeks, we wanted to make the most of the time we had. Therefore Nathan proposed a much needed date which after various declines from me, he finally agreed to having it just in his flat where he’d cook a meal (his idea, not mine).

In his true fashion, he’d asked me to dress up, something I wasn’t an almighty fan of but being that it was him that asked I agreed instantly.

Flicking through my wardrobe for hours, trying to find the perfect, I finally found the perfect one that would help him remember me even while he was away. [X]

Half way putting my heels on which was an extremely strategic job, my phone rang.

“Hello?” I questionably answered.

“Hey, babe,” Nathan answered flustered.

“What’s wrong?” I asked concerned as I perched myself on the end of my bed.

“There’s a problem.” He replied unclearly.

“What do you mean problem? You didn’t forget about the date did you?” I grew conscious.

“No, how could I not remember it? I’ve been preparing this meal for hours.” I could hear a smile in his voice. “But there’s paparazzi outside…Someone must have given them word that I had a girlfriend.”

“Oh,” Was the only reply I could form. If they found out about me and manage to take pictures, everyone will find out the truth.

 There will be no hiding it.

“Yeah. It’s nothing to worry about, I have a plan,” He said.

“And will this plan work?” I smirked.

He laughed. “Yes, of course it will work, trust me. It’s me Nathan, when do my plans never work?”

“…Quite a lot,” I replied, giggling.

…….

What Nathan thought I was doing was driving my car to a couple of roads away from his flat and then entering the block from the back, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi.

In actual fact, I had just got a train and a bus here; hopping off a couple of stops before and after many observations of my surroundings, I finally guided myself to find the back entrance to the block of high-maintenance flats.

Thankfully I hadn’t spotted any paparazzi but then again they were known for their hiding ability, nervousness took over me with the thought.

I tapped my knuckles against the wooden door, waiting for Nathan to answer as I checked behind my shoulders as inconspicuously as possible, making sure no-one was there.

The door opened, releasing the smells of his wondrous cooking into the hallway. 

“Are you going to come in or what?” He laughed. I was too distracted by sniffing the air to realise that he had stepped into my line of view.

“Err, yeah,” I giggled. “Your cooking smells amazing by the way.”

“Why thank you. I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it,” He took my coat from my hands, where it had dropped from my shoulders, placing it onto a hook.

I walked into the kitchen and to the mess it was currently in. “Is this what you’ve been doing all day then?” I asked incredulously.

He laughed. “Yeahhh,” prolonging the end of the word. “I got a bit carried away and I didn’t really have time to wash up and tidy everything away before you got here,”

I smiled as I reached over to him, placing my hands around his waist as he wrapped his around my shoulders. “Well thank you so much for putting this much effort into it. Especially when we don’t have that much time before you go away,” I said as I leant away, looking up at him.

He leant down towards me, kissing my forehead as he spoke “Don’t remind me,” He rested his head on top of mine. “You know I don’t want to leave, right?” He asked.

“I guess. I’m not you so I wouldn’t really know.” I questioned it.

“Well if you don’t already know, I don’t want to leave you, I would love to stay here and be with you,” He spoke sentimentally.

“Maybe this is one of the heart grows fonder shit,” I spoke as he cracked up laughing and I joined in.

“Way to ruin the moment,” He smiled, lightening the mood.

“Sorry,” I spoke, still smiling. Nathan leant down and kissed my lips.

“Let’s get on with that date then,”