Chapter 4.

“Who would like to know?” My mother cut him off, ignoring the question he had previously asked and most likely making Nathan nervous.

“Nath-a-an,” He asked with widened eyes.

“How do you know Niamh?” She replied sternly.

“Erm,” He didn’t seem to know how to respond. “I’m her boyfriend.”

My mother cleared her throat. “Her boyfriend?” She asked in confusion.

“Er yeah that would be right,” He replied, almost in confusion.

“I guess she hasn’t been telling me much then,” She spoke quietly, sadness in her voice. “Come in then,” She laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

My hear t started to beat fast inside my chest. How was I meant to keep everything a secret while Nathan was in my house, scratch that, my mother’s house?

I heard footsteps clamber into the house as the wooden door closed, in casing us all inside.

My temperature increased, not only due to being ill but the nervousness within me which seemed uncontrollable.  

I wrapped my hands around the top of the duvet cover, pulling it closer towards me as I made sure my head was comfy on the pillow before listening to the noises downstairs.

Silence…

Shit.

My mum must have lead Nathan into the kitchen, the only place that blocked the sound in it and unfortunately did not help with the predicament I was currently in.

What was I meant to do now?

I looked at my window across from my bed and placed at eye-level. It framed such a pretty scene outside, the rain pouring down outside but the sun still shone, highlighting the colours of the water and how light they really were. It almost framed the opposite of me, the calmness outside while I was certainly not calm inside.

I flicked my head to the right, moving my body quickly causing pain as I realised the bed was dipping.

My eyes caught sight of that brown fringe and cute smile that sat on the end of my bed. I smiled back, trying to not show the pain I had just caused myself.

His face dropped. “What’s wrong?” He spoke concerned, leaning over placing a hand on my cheek.

“Nothing,” I replied, trying to smile once again but Nathan gave me a stern look. “Fine, I moved too quickly and now I’ve got a pain down my side.” I said.

He huffed. “You really are ill then,” His lips lifted up wonky, contemplating something. “You didn’t tell your mum about me?” He asked curiously, a little hurt and taken a back.

I looked into his eyes guiltily. “Yeah, I just never had the right time to tell her,” I lied. “And I didn’t know if you had told your parents about me either.”

He stroked my cheek. “Of course I had told them about you, how could I not have?”

“You aren’t annoyed at me are you?” I asked hopeful.

“No I’m not,” He smiled. “It’s understandable and anyways it’s cute that your mum’s come round to look after you while you’re ill. You know I could have just come round and done that.” He smiled.

Phew, he thought she had only come round.

“Yeahhh,” I replied. “She offered straight away and I didn’t feel right bothering you.”

“You wouldn’t have been bothering me,” He leant down and kissed me forehead, his soft lips heating up my already very warm forehead and my cheeks as I blushed.

“Scoot over, I’ll join you,” He smiled cheekily, as he tried to get me to shuffle over.

I giggled. “But I’m ill and I don’t want you to get it,” Concern flowing through my voice.

“Don’t worry about me, I just want to make sure you feel better,” He slipped under the covers, slowly moving towards me, pulling my closer as  I rolled over onto his chest, using it as my pillow. He stroked my hair as I played with the shirt that covered his muscular chest, just wishing I could take it off.

“Sleep Niamh, it will help,” He spoke soothingly as my eyes closed and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Hope you likeee <33