Chapter 8.

I waited patiently, movements slow as I processed what may or may not happen today. The news would break hysteria especially through the fans who knew nothing about Nathan having a girlfriend and would certainly not be happy about one not forgoing the truth. 

The calming sound of normality lay just outside the apartment. Employee’s driving their cars to work, noisy school children making their way to school and the birds, quietly awakening but forever waiting for the time of day, where everything would grow silent and peace would come at once.

I could be there, one of the crowd, a quiet one none the less, taking my normal trip to school.  Instead I laid in the comfort of the bed, waiting for news if Nathan had found out about the lie I had conceived and repeated to infiltrate to a never end and what I had undoubtedly forgot to enquire to myself was how long I had initially wanted to keep it up? Was I ever going to end it? Or was it simply “till death do us part”?

Would it just be easier to get it all over and done with, tell him the truth before he saw the magazine article? Even if I did decide to tell him, would I even have the nerve, even be able to force my hands to click the buttons to actually do it and how could I get my voice to say it understandably, get him to understand why I did what I did…even though I have no clue why I did it.

My feet hit the cold wooden floor of the bedroom, taking light steps until it hit the cushioned, carpeted living room. I breathed a sigh of relief to feel the softness swarming my feet as I walked with ease towards the kettle, switching it on to boil the water.

Should I? Should I not? Has he already seen it? Will he ignore me? Questions with no answers ran around my brain, wondering what possible way to take this situation. Would this simply be an inconsequently small hurdle in the whole of my life, or will it surpass everything else that I will do since my life has barely begun.

Pouring the hot liquid into the mug, placing the kettle back down in its place where it belongs. Isn’t that exactly the same as misjudgements and mistakes? The water trickles slowly building up the mess that you’re in before you feel like everything is about to crash down, pouring heavily away. Then it stops, the water having to stop at some point, it will end, whatever misery that I could consume myself in, will end in two ways and neither are good or bad.

I took the leap of faith I needed, abandoning the hot mug on the side and retreating to the table which my phone now lay upon. I picked the metal object up, pressing the button to awake it, typing in my password. I knew it, as soon as I had stepped near it; something lay in it about to crush me.

12 missed calls lay a warning to the disastrous amount of texts that it contained. Many from my mother who was either questioning where I was since I wasn’t in school and then further on questioning how real the article is about me and how she hoped it was not the truth since newspapers and the media regularly twist the truth. Many were from Rachel, my best friend of how long, not putting me down but concerned with how I was reacting to the news and if I needed her. One was from Tenille, simply saying she was there for me if I ever needed her and finally the dozen other texts and the calls were from Nathan.

“I don’t know whether you’re ignoring me or haven’t seen this yet but…I know.” And with that message his intention became clear, he knew, he’d seen the article but yet didn’t even seem to ask of its validity since they always spin stuff. It hurt me to see no kisses even though it was a text, it took a stab straight at my heart, he was clearly not happy, who wouldn’t be.

I ran a hand through my hair, trying to stop the perspiration from reaching the air, cooling myself down. How was I expected to reply? How was I meant to go from here?

Hope you like it! :D Please like/comment/add to your reading list if you do! Loveee <33