Chapter Twelve

(GUYS SERIOUSLY READ THIS, I PUT THIS AT THE BEGINNING FOR A REASON^_^) Okay, so I know I don't really do these things at the beginning but I think this needs to be at the beginning. I've apparently got a double ear infection on top of seasonal asthma and because of all the coughing it irritated my throat to the point of bleeding. The doctors say its nothing to worry about and they basically gave me my happy little pill bottles and inhaler and sent me on my way home. It's been tough trying to get back into the schedule of things but I finally managed.

 I really can't thank you guys enough for actually messaging me for the past couple of days on how i've been doing and all of the comments hoping I'm well and giving your opinion on the story. I really just wanted to thank-you guys a lot because your comments really made my day. 

Also since OneHellofAGrell was the very first person to wish me well and such even though I had no idea that she existed before then I dedicated the chapter to her because I was actually in a really bad point of being ill when I got her message and it meant so much to me. 

Also since I can only dedicate a chapter to one person I also wanna thank: @That_random_person04 @7keiko10 @Kaisa-Chan @monsterluv12 and @sapphiredeath, you lovelies are awesome and I can't thank you guys enough for the get well comments, they really made me smile! you guys rock and I'll probably dedicate the later chapters to you guys as a way of thanks^_^

***********************************************************************************

Rayne’s Pov

The first thing I register is someone’s cold hands on my forehead. Their skin feels like ice in comparison to my own. Cracking open my eyes I find Penguin standing over me looking worried. His eyebrows are drawn down low on his brow beneath his hat; a frown tugs at his mouth. What’s bothering him so much?

“Rayne, you’re running a high grade fever. Are you feeling okay?”

“I’m sore… what-what happened?” I croak, my throat is like sandpaper.

“You got shot multiple times and apparently some sort of infection or virus set in. We’re doing everything we can to keep it down but dammit it’s not working!” Penguin kicks Law’s roller chair to the other side of the room.

“Penguin, go get some sleep, you’re acting like a brat.” Law orders as he steps into the room.

“I’m fine captain-.”

Go.

Penguin shuts up and heads out of the room. I look at Law, he’s worse for wear. He’s thinner than I remember, eyes darker, angrier, and he looks beaten down. Even the way he moves is very slow and hunched. It pains me to see him looking like that, he’s not supposed to be looking vulnerable and weak.

Law steps over to me and places a hand on my forehead. With a low swear he walks over to the sink and wets a rag. Bringing it back over the cloth is placed on my forehead. The cool sensation causes me to sigh in relief for a moment. Law runs a few more diagnostic tests, completely silent. I want to ask him if everything is alright but I’m not sure if I should say anything or not.

“I need you to sit up and take some pills.” Law finally says.

“Okay.”

I attempt to sit up on my own but it’s apparent that I can’t. Law slides his arms underneath me and braces my bodyweight as I sit up. He hands over a small paper cup with a few pills in it and another paper cup with water. Gulping it down I sigh and lean against him, just the simple act of sitting up drains me.