Riding Home

-Anthony's POV-

The car ride was nice. Everyone was smiling and laughing, it was great. I've never felt so happy in my entire life. Its a new start at a new life at a new place.

"Oh no no no." Kelley sighed. We soon realized what she meant by that. A sign read "SNOW CLEARING. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CROSS BRIDGE."

"That bridge is the only way back to the hotel." Ashlyn explained. I grunted, the last thing I needed was something trying to get in-between my new life.

"Hey look guys! There's a Walmart!" Kelley exclaimed. We exchanged looks, and Hope shrugged, "Well, I mean we have nothing else to do, so why not?" She reversed the car and entered the parking lot of Walmart.

After parking, we walked into the shopping mart. Kelley grabbed my hand and ran to the toy section, dragging me along with her. "Slow down!" I laughed, almost tripping.

We arrived to the toy section, and Kelley literally went nuts. She grabbed a ripstick and held onto me as she attempted to ride it. "I think I got it!" She screamed. I laughed, "I think you don't got it Kelley." She pouted and jumped off of the ripstick.

Ashlyn and Hope appeared as Kelley and I grabbed light sabers. "Wait, if we're fighting shouldn't we have different colored saber?" I asked. "Oh my god you're right, sorry." She said as she replaced her blue saber for a red one.

We battled each other for about 5 minutes. Hope and Ashlyn were recording us as we hit each other with the plastic, but I didn't mind. "So what's gonna happen when you break it?" A short, stubby worker inquired. Kelley and I's cheeks turned pink as we put the light sabers back down. "Mhmm, that's what I thought." The woman said as she walked away.

"Wow, she was kind of a bitch." I mumbled. Ashlyn and Kelley gasped as the word escaped my mouth. "Language, Anthony." Hope simply stated. "I'm sorry." I apologized. She smiled, "It's fine, come on. Let's go get some snacks for the hotel."

"Wait, aren't we leaving tomorrow?" I asked. "Yeah, but we ran out of food because of this one." Hope said, pointing at Kelsey. She shrugged and laughed, "Okay you know I can't handle myself around Oreos!"

------

After grabbing a mountain of food, Hope payed and we walked back to the car. We put all of the groceries inside, and headed back to the now cleared bridge.

It was about 10 minutes until we arrived at the hotel. Hope parked and we were carrying our groceries into the lobby.

"So am I going to meet your teammates?" I asked Hope. She looked at me, "Teammates? You know that I play soccer?" I smiled, "Yeah, I googled you!" I exclaimed. Hope sighed, "What else did you see about me?" My smile faded, "I stopped when I saw you play soccer, why?" I lied, I've seen what people say about her past. I just didn't care enough to tell her, what she did before doesn't matter now. She smiled lightly, "No reason, and yeah you will meet them."

My smile reappeared. Ashlyn helped us put all of the snacks away and then returned to her own room. "I'll sleep on the floor." I suggested. Kelley and Hope gave me sympathetic looks, "Are you kidding? No I'll sleep with Hope and you can have my bed." Kelley stated. I shrugged. It didn't bother me, seeing as how I slept on newspaper for 3 weeks.

It was already 8 o'clock, so I decided to go ahead and get ready for bed. I didn't unpack the clothes in my backpack since we were leaving tomorrow. Luckily, I remembered to grab my toothbrush that was given to me at the group home.

After grabbing a red pair of basketball shorts and a white muscle tee, I walked to the bathroom and locked the door. I set my tooth brush and clothes down on the sink. Taking off my shirt, I heard a knock at the door. I realized Hope or Kelley could want me, so I opened the door. It wasn't Kelley or Hope, but a short, tan girl who looked about my age.

I was captivated by her extravagant brown eyes, and the way her brown hair curled. She had what seemed like a scar on her forehead, it looked a bit like a ghost, which was amusing. "Oh my god I'm so sorry!" She yelled as she covered her beautiful eyes with her hand.

"No it's okay. Do you need something?" I asked politely. She scanned the hotel room, "No I was just looking for Kelley. I thought you were her. I'm so sorry." She rambled, looking at the floor. Basically looking anywhere but my exposed torso, which was admittedly disappointing.

"Trust me. It's fine. I don't know where Kelley and Hope are though." I said with a smile. She smiled back, and it took my breath away. She was so beautiful. "Okay thanks, I guess I'll just go now." She laughed, and I felt my heart skip a beat, "Hey wait, what's your name?" She looked shocked at the fact that I asked for her name, "Mallory, but everyone calls me Mal."
I laughed, "Beautiful name, Mal." Her cheeks turned a bright pink, "Thanks, I should probably get going." I nodded and she left.

I continued taking off my clothes and stepped back into the shower. After washing my hair and body, I dried off and changed into the clothes I grabbed. Then I brushed my teeth and returned to my bed.

My eyes immediately closed, but my head was still racing with thoughts of the girl. Soon enough, my brain wore itself out with the thoughts and I finally fell asleep.