Katie Gardner

"Don't you think that it's so horrible having all those half breed, half gods running around loose. If I had my way they would all be locked up somewhere." Chloe said.

Urgh! I have to listen to this every single day and I can't say anything. It's not that I'm forbidden. I just don't want any of the fame that discovered demigods get. It's a good thing they haven't found camp yet.

"You sound like Umbridge from Harry Potter." Saule shut her up.

"Saule's right, you do sound like Umbridge. You are just as stubbon as her too." I agreed.

"Thanks." She grumbled, "I thought you thought more of me than that. Half Blood." She spat out the last bit.

"What are you talking about?" I asked shocked.

"Its obvious. Like really? You're Katie Gardner daught of Dementer, goddess of the harvest and agriculture."

"Who are you?" I asked. My best friends going to turn into a monster. That's all that went through my head.

"I would have thought Percy Jackson told you all about me." Suddenly it wasn't Chloe standing in front of me any more it was Kellie, the empousa.

"I thought Percy sent you back to Tartarus the hard way. From Tartarus!" I growled. I pulled out my hunting knife. "I guess I will just have to do it again."

I sliced, stabbbed and dogged all her strikes. Suddenly she exploded into golden dust.

"So your a demigod?"Saule asked after a few awkward moments.

"Yep."

"And our best friend just turned into a monster?"

"Yeah."

"And you said something about Percy Jackson..."

"Yes. What about him."

"It's nothing. Its just there is this book series that I enjoy and every title in it has Percy Jackson and the... whatever the title is. And then a second series came out, Heroes of Olympus, it hasn't finished yet but the last book comes out in October and-" I cut him off.

"Can you get to the point?"

"I think these books may be true, so could you tell me about the Giant War?" He asked.

My eyes widened in fear. "I-I'm sorry, but I can't. Its too painful. I lost a lot of best friends and siblings in that war, even more than in the Titan War. I have to go."

I turned and ran down the street to my dads old house, I needed to see Travis but he and Connor had already gone back to camp. Maybe they could pick me up and take me back as well, but we would have to see. I would like to finish school but I didn't want to be stuck there with monsters attacking everyday. Even my best friend had turned into a monster. Maybe I could just spend the week at camp and see how I'm feeling on Sunday. Yeah, That's what I'll do.

I don't think I will return to this school though. The memories are just too painful.