19

THE POD SAT ON a raised platform a few feet off the floor. The green egg-shaped pod was closed, but without the power, it opened with ease.
Inside there was nothing but a chair and a small window. I buckled myself into the seat. The green capsule sat in its plastic bag in my pocket. I pulled out the bag.
I pushed the launch button, still staring at the pill.
I'm sorry zombie. I looked at the ceiling of the pod, wishing that Ben could hear me. I'm not coming back. The pod shot up into the sky, flattening me against the seat.
Suddenly, the straps loosened across my chest. I looked out the window. Hello Earth. The planet looked beautiful from up here. It was almost as if seven billion people hadn't been slaughtered on it.
I almost forgot to breathe. I was afraid and extremely happy at the same time. I'd never see Ben Parish again, but the rest of the human race would get the chance to live. They'd live to repopulate and eventually rebuild the earth.
My name is Skylar. I thought, hoping to take my mind off of the fact that I would never be able to see Ben Parish again. I don't know why, maybe my parents liked the name. The others killed them along with seven billion other humans. I'm here to avenge them; to blow the place up. I smiled. Maybe that's why I came with Ringer and Cassie. I came to blow everything up.
Goodbye Ben. My smile faded. I love you.
The mothership slid into view. Goodbye Megan. I thought of everyone I knew during this shit show called an alien apocalypse.
I pulled the bag out again. The pod entered the mothership. I slipped the capsule between my lips. I rose from the seat. I love you Ben. I took a step out into the mothership. Don't you dare forget me.
The emptiness of the mothership wasn't shocking. Why have anyone floating above a hostile planet when they could just watch from the safety of wherever they're from.
     The others wanted this planet. Well, they can't have it. It's ours and we will fight until we can't anymore.
I bit down and broke the seal. I hope the others won't miss their mothership; their only way of getting rid of us.
     This is for you and the seven billion people you killed.
I looked around one last time. This is it. I broke my promise to Ben as well as Megan. I wouldn't be coming back, ever.
     My name is Skylar.
     I breathe out.

EDITED

I'm going to start crying. I'm such a horrible person, I literally just killed the main character.

If you hadn't guessed yet, LEGENDS is nearing its completion. There's only one chapter left and it's an epilogue.

Make sure to vote and leave a comment.