I PUSHED PAST THE rest of the squad to see him. He wore a camo jumpsuit like the rest of them.
     "I'm not going to lie, I thought you died day one." He grinned.
     "Well I didn't hot stuff." I threw my arms around him, "I tried to look for you, but everyone was gone."
     Reznik eventually pulled me away, forcing me to change into the jumpsuit that every other recruit was required to wear.

     No matter how much I hated it here, I couldn't manage to be angry now that I had been reunited with Ben.
    "What's with your new name?" I asked.
     "When the third wave came, I got sick, but I fought it off. That's why they all call me Zombie." he told me. "I heard Reznik named you Ghost. Why's that?"
     "I guess it could be because of how long I was able to hide from them. I know, it's probably the dumbest name possible." I shrugged.
     "I think it's badass." He smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
I stepped back when I realized the whole squad was watching us closely.
     "We've been getting the most recruits lately." Ben explained.
     A little girl approached me, "I'm Teacup."
     "Well hello Teacup." I crouched down so I could look her in the eyes.
     "Don't treat me like I'm fragile." She glared. "Because I'm not."
The rest of the squad ignored the interaction and continued getting ready for the day's training.

     The obstacle course was the easiest part of training. Squad 53 passed everything that stood in our way with ease, but then we went to target practice. All of us missed our targets more than we actually hit them. And when we did hit them, it wasn't a kill zone.
     "Welcome to Squad 53." A skinnier boy joked.
I smiled. We'd be fine as long as we were never put in a real situation where we would have to fight for our lives. I didn't come all this way to find Ben and then just die. As we were shooting I noticed there was a young boy standing next to Ben.
"Who's that?" I asked when we finished.
"Nugget. He came the night before you." Ben told me as we walked back to our bunks.
Reznik was waiting for us when we got back, "You have another recruit." she blankly said as she stepped aside to reveal another girl, "Ringer, formerly in Squad 19."

EDITED

Sorry about such a short chapter, but I'm saving most of it for next chapter

Make sure to leave a vote and comment what you thought about this chapter of LEGENDS