13

REACHING THE CAVERNS SHOULD'VE been the easy part of our suicide mission. Finding Ringer and escaping without being shot would be the hard part.
The closer we got to the caverns, the more nervous I got. We were in a low crawl in the grass. It took a while at this pace, but that was better than being killed. Right?
Zombie froze. I peeked around him to see a small green blob. Zombie looked through the scope and seemed to get ready to shoot him, but I put a hand on his shoulder.
I mouthed, 'Not yet.' Neither of us knew if the blob had any friends nearby.
The green blob disappeared behind the corner of a building. We waited what felt like an eternity before bolting to the nearest tree. Eventually, we make our way to the welcome center, our plan was to smash the window and toss the last flash grenade in, but we were so focused on carrying out the plan that we weren't paying attention to where we were going.
Zombie fell into the hole first. It was something you couldn't miss, mostly because of what it held. Hundreds of bodies. Some fresh and others that looked (and smelled) as if they had been there since the beginning of this mess.
Someone grabbed my ankle and dragged me in as well. Soon enough we were both sinking into the pit of bodies. At one point, someone's fingers locked around my neck.
She pressed her lips to my ear, "Don't make a sound. Play dead."
Ben heard her and was staring at us in shock.
"We have one shot. It knows where we are and it's coming now. So don't move." the fingers loosened on my throat. All three of us went limp. I didn't know who this chick was, but listening to her right now was a better idea than facing whoever was about to arrive.
The man paused above the pit, "I see your rifle, son. Come on. You have nothing to fear. They're dead and I'm harmless."
Dammit Zombie. He dropped his stupid gun.
The priest held his hand out over the edge of the pit. I took my chance and pulled him into the sea of bodies with us. The woman ended up with my sidearm and pressed it to the priest's head. She killed him pretty quickly.
I was convinced the woman was about to kill me, so I clawed my way out of the mass grave.
"I'm not going to hurt you." she assured me.
"Then drop the gun." I demanded.
To my surprise, she did. She dropped it and put her hands up. I grabbed it from the ground and loaded it.
I took aim at her busted up face and squeezed the trigger. Before the bullet could even leave the barrel, a hand rammed into my elbow. The shot was sent up and into a tree. I swung around and prepared to fight, but I froze when I saw who it was.
"You're dead." I said in shock.
"Close." she stepped to the side to reveal herself to Zombie.
"Ringer?" he asks.
She nodded, "Sergeant."
"Teacup?" I wondered. Ringer wouldn't have left Cup. Especially not after what she did to her.
She shook her head.
     That left the question of who had to put an end to Teacup.

EDITED

As always, if you liked this chapter make sure to vote and leave a comment!