Chapter 19

I got out of my room together with Chad who was helping me with luggage since he barely had one. I was finally doing this. Me and Chad decided to run away together even at the cost of living a mediocre life. I knew I loved Chad with all my heart and so did he. Me being an adult wouldn't be a problem since I just figured that exactly 10 days from now would be my birthday April 12. Then I would be eighteen. I sighed. Money would somehow be a problem since we can't use our credit cards or else our parents might track us, but Chad told me we'd use his because he knew well his father wouldn't care about tracking. We were positive about that. We climbed down the stairs and fortunatley I bumped into the owner of the apartment and told him I'd be stepping out. He bid me and Chad goodbye. We finally stepped outside the apartment and hailed a cab.

"Do you even know where were going?" I asked him as he held the door open for me.

"Just trust me on this," Chad replied as he kissed my forhead lightly. I heard the taxi driver laughing in the from of coughs. I blushed slightly knowing the taxi driver thought all of this was cheesy. We got in and Chad told the driver that we'd be heading to the train station

. Now that I thought about it...I had to get a new cellphone, I panicked quite a bit when I realized I had no idea how to get a hold of my friend's number then for a minute I slapped myself mentally knowing I was acting stupid. Of course! I could just ask Chad for my friend's number. I laughed in relief which caused Chad to look at me questioningly. He wrapped his arms around me while I rested my head on his chest.

"What's so funny?" Chad murmured so sweetly.

"Oh nothing really. Just figured I need a new phone since mom probably can track my phone," I explained.

"Oh," was all he could say as he suddenly felt rigid as a plank.

"Um, hey it's okay if I don't have a phone I mean I can understand the tight money budget and-

Suddenly Chad burst out laughing for a minute then tipped my chin up and gently kissed me.

"You don't need to worry about money, Britney. I can buy you a phone easily five of them if you like," he said.

"Oh, then why'd you tensed up all of a sudden?" I asked.

"Because you made me realize that I also need a new phone but I'll make sure to have numbers of our friends back in Halter," he said.

""Oh good,"

We came to a stop in a train station which was filled with gold, green and brown trains all moving so fast by us. We walked towards station 5 and stood in front of a gold train that had weird engraving on them. Chad told me to wait and watch our bags while he buys our tickets. He was already dashing towards the small ticket cubicle before I could ask him where we were exactly heading. I looked around for a clue but I was totally hopeless. Suddenly a guy who seemed to be the same age as me walked beside me with his hands inside his pockets. He smiled friendly at me and took out an cigarette. I stared at him as if I couldn't believe what he was doing. Sure he seemed good looking with his perfect tan and well muscled chest that could be easily seen since he was wearing a white and tight sando that showed the outline of his chest and his faint six pack.

"Are you here alone miss?" he asked as he put the disgusting cigarette in his mouth and started smoking. Then smoke started to come out of his cigarette and I didn't want to open my mouth anymore for fear the smoke would enter my mouth. Instead I shook my head and pursed my lips.

"I'm Chester by the way," he said as he continued speaking. I stood there watching him intently.

"What's your name?" he asked. I just stared at him and it took all of me to pretend not to notice the wink he gave me as he inhaled the smoke."Are you somehow mute, miss?" he asked while raising one perfect eyebrow. I shook my head furiously as I pointed at his cigarette nearly touching the burning tip.