Chapter 2

"I knew you were going to the party!" Nana rejoiced after I called her to apologize for what happened earlier about me snapping. 

"Yeah my mom is going to...actually she's she's...she's-

"She's what Brit? Come on I'm dying of curiousity here!" Nana demanded.

I let out a deep breath and pulled some courage.

"Engaged," I finally said.

Then I heard a sharp gasp from Nana.

"Enagaged?! To whom?! But I thought she just had a divorce last year!" Nana said as if she couldn't believe it. Well I didn't blame her. Even I'm hoping that this is all a dream! Believe it or not this was my normal day but this was by far the most shocking day I had. Two overwhelming news. 

"She told me that I will get to meet him in Chad's party," I replied.

"What if it's Chad?" Nana said.

"Of course not! Ew! So not amusing Nana! And besides weren't you the one who said that Chad is bringing a girl home from England?" I said.

"They're just rumors, Brit," she said as she copied my tone from earlier.

"Oh gosh. I can't believe this. And next week I'll be back in school and everyone will be gossiping about me again!" I groaned.

"Don't they always?" Nana said saying it in her 'duh!' tone.

"Do you know what kind of rumors spread around the school while I was away?" I asked.

"Well there's this shcoking one someone made up about you having to go away becuase you were pregnant and your mom disowned you and you had an abortion, yeah I know some total bullshit," Nana said.

Gosh people in my school really know well how to make up intresting stories,now I'm probably going to be labled as a slut who had abortion, at school.

"What else?" I asked.

"Well there were a lot. I couldn't keep track of. Some say you went berserk when you found out that Chad was cheating on you and that you went to the mental and became a depressed emo chick and many more, yeah our school mates are getting creative day after day huh?" Nana said sarcastically.

"Do you think a lot of people will go to Chad's party?" I asked.

"I don't really know," she replied.

Then we decided to go meet up at the mall to shop.

"This...this dress is the one for you," Nana declared as she held up a pink knee length dress.

"Yeah it could work," I said as I examined the pink elegant dress. The upper part of the dress was strapless while the bottom was full of umm...how do you say it? Waves or ripples? I'm not sure. And then there's a cute brown tie exactly below the chest part. It was so cute.

"Could work? Brit! This dress was meant for you!" she gushed.

"Fine I'll buy it. And now it's time for us to look for your dress," I declared giving her a little shove towards the blue section well specifically sky blue since she loves that color and plus it looked pretty good on her.

So we eneded up buying one dress and a pair of heels that, of course, matched our dress. I was practically contented with what I bought. 

"The dress is very pretty honey, where'd you buy it?" my mom asked as I got home and put my shopping bags at the kitchen counter where she was making her own salad. The party started in 8:30 and it was already 7:00. I sighed knowing that I had to hurry up because I only had an hour to get ready since it takes 25 minutes to get to Chad's beach house.