{7}

Harry and Draco were settling in after a quiet dinner, talking rather idly of nothing much more than what was happening around them. Draco had Harry's thigh clasped gently in his hand as his body leaned towards him, looking with an affectionate pair of eyes into Harry's own green set. His husband saved moments like these for when he was most comfortable. Of course, that meant affections were spared for the mere hours they spent alone, or in Severus' sole company. Harry didn't mind, he knew Draco was still hard of heart from all the years his father had traduced the world around, a world Harry loved and had made free for them all. Sometimes he was even sure that his husband resented him. While he may have spoken for Draco and his mother, Harry couldn't have hardly cared for Lucius. Draco Potter, née Malfoy, said that he hated him, but no one really hated their parents. So, Harry chose to cherish times like these where Draco made him itch for more, for when he blatantly showed him every true desire that laid in his heart. By Merlin, Harry loved his husband who soon pushed his hand further up his thigh and leaned forward, the talking ceased.

And just when Draco was about to press his lips to his husband's, a violent knock rapped on their door.

"Don't answer it," Harry threatened with only half of what he could have. Draco just shook his head and removed every single inch of contact between them making the boy-who-lived groan audibly.

"Coming!" He called, waltzing towards the door.

"Not quickly enough for the thrice-damned things I know!" A rather flustered Pansy Parkinson replied on the other end of the door.

Draco shot an inquisitive look at Harry who shrugged, not entirely sure what was going on either.

"Alright, Pans, what is the—" before Draco could get another word in, the surprisingly well-dressed witch spoke clearly over him.

"Ron erased Snape's memory!"

As if Harry hadn't heard any of that sentence but his best-mate's name, he wondered aloud: "Ron? When did you see Ron to have this conversation."

"Potter," Draco interrupted, scorning his husband.

"You missed the point!" Pansy screeched, "He erased Severus' memory, Harry!"

Getting up from the warm sofa, Harry attempted to wrap his head around the fact that Ron could have done something so cruel.

"But why?"

Pansy glared at him for no reason, but after a few seconds Harry caught on.

"He still loves Hermione."

She nodded.

With a heavy sigh, Harry looked at Draco as if for guidance on what to do. Maybe there was a special circumstance that they could let him off on, for he certainly didn't want to send the ignorant prat to Azkaban any more than any of his Aurors would. What other choice did they have though, if he truly did commit such a horrid crime against someone he was supposed to be getting along with? It was too confusing to think of right then.

"We'll report it in the morning," Harry determined.

"I agree."

"Of course you agree with your husband, Draco," Pansy seemed frustrated, "Why not just nab the traitor right now."

"Because have you looked at the time... why are you so pressed to arrest him?" Harry wondered suspiciously. As a part of being an Auror, he needed to be able to read people clearly, and something was off with Pansy just then.

"You fancy Weasley," Harry's other half immediately noticed, stoic as ever even if Weasley was his worst enemy.

Pansy narrowed her eyes at Draco who simply stared back blankly.