1

"You ready to go Leah?!" I heard a familiar voice call from down stairs. I sprayed my hair with hair spray one last time. All the waves in my hair bounced as I peeked my head out the door.

"I'll be down in like 2 seconds Austin!" I yelled in response. I glanced at the mirror one last time. I had on a grey Rolling Stones muscle tee and a pair of black high waisted shorts, just with some simple black strapy sandals. I let out a long sigh. Did I want to go to this party? No. I was going for Austin.

Austin was my best friend since sixth grade. He even liked me during my awkward stages. Ahh, the good ol' days. Point is, Austin loved me for me, and that was all I could ever ask for in a best friend. In 8th grade is when I got through that whole stage of having a crush on him, but I knew a relationship would ruin our friendship. And that's the way it's always been. Just friends. And I liked it that way. Plus, he liked girls that were way prettier and more "out there" than me. Not that I was shy, I just didn't throw myself on boys.

I trudged down the stairs, making my way to the living room where Austin was sitting on my couch. He had his feet kicked up on the coffee table and was playing around on his phone. He was wearing red, grey, and white sneakers, dark jeans, and a red tee shirt. I plopped myself next to him and looked at his phone. He was on twitter, tweeting all of his Mahomies. It was his first time home from Miami in a while, and he wanted to be around all his friends from SA. So he decided this party some girl was throwing would be the best way to do that. Honestly, all the girls he was "friends" with were complete bitches, but I never said anything. Why cause drama?

"You look nice." I said pushing my self off the couch, ready to leave. I faced him, smiling. I hadn't seen him in so long, it was just nice to be in his presence.

"You look hot." He said looking up at me raising his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at him. He stood up, shoving his phone in his pocket. He knows I hate it when he calls me "hot" but he loves to annoy me. Annoying each other was our way of showing that we cared about each other. It's a weird way to show it, but we were weird so whatever. "Let's go?" He asked motioning towards the front door. I grabbed my purse off the coffee table and nodded my head.

"Bye mom! I'll be home by 12!" I yelled to my mommy on my way out the door. Before she could respond, closed the door and used my key to lock it.

Austin and I made our way to his red range rover, him unlocking it once we got closer to it. Here we go again. Another "great" party I get sucked into and wind up driving Austin home because who knows what happened to him. I think it's good that he has a fun time, but it's not safe and these people he hangs around are not good for him. I mean, Alex, Robert, and Zach are great, but they don't even go to these parties. Whatever. I'll just let Austin do whatever he wants. I got in the passenger seat, swiftly closing my door and putting on my seatbelt.

Austin started up the car. " I missed you." He said before pulling out of the driveway. He looked over at me and smiled his small cute innocent smile. I smiled back at him. I loved him so much. He was so cute and fun and carefree. I can't believe that this was the boy I've been friends with since I was like 11.

"I missed you too." I spoke softly. We just smiled at each other for a second before he backed away from my house.

"Anything exciting happen while I was gone?" He asked. I giggled.

"I think you would know, I texted you everyday."

"I know, but it's not the same." I pursed my lips. It wasn't the same. While he was off living his dream I was stuck here in this irrelevant town, living the average teenage life. It was like everytime he was gone, a grander piece of me was missing. "What colleges did you apply for?" He asked. Oh ya and that. I was finally going to college soon. And we would be farther apart than usual. Sigh.