21

Listen to: My Everything- Ariana Grande while reading this chapter 😇

College was no different when I went back for the next semester. Boring and depressing. I had regretted not making friends the first semester, but I hated everyone so it didn't matter. Sam was planning on going to NYU before the whole baby situation, but that obviously didn't work out. But, they were allowing her to come in as a freshman next fall, which was amazing because she wouldn't be so far away. Her, Victoria, and I had spent spring break in Cancun instead of Texas, which was an amazing decision. We had the greatest time, and it really helped me release a lot of stress.

Austin hadn't called or texted me since the day we broke up. He had really listened to what I told him. But, every time my phone rang, a little part of me wished it was him. It was crazy, but all I wanted was for him to call me and pretend that our fall out never happened. I didn't even want him to apologize. Because every time I replayed what happened in my head, I realized that I was the one at fault. Would he really go out of his way to buy me that gorgeous necklace if he didn't actually love me? Plus, would he really lose his virginity to me and take mine if he was just dating me for publicity? But, I never called to apologize. I had way to much pride.

Summer rolled around, and I couldn't be happier to go back home. The boys were still in Miami, but promised to come visit sometime in July. I couldn't even imagine how awkward it was going to be between me and Austin.

A couple days after Victoria and I had gotten back from college, her, Sam, and I decided to go out and have lunch. When I was walking to my car, I got a call from Michele, which was unusual. I picked up, not really sure of why she would call me.

"Hi Michele!" I chimed in my perky adult voice. I could instantly hear sobbing on the other end. "Oh my god, what's wrong?" I asked, panicked.

"Leah, listen to me. Austin flew out to Texas without telling anyone because he wanted to see you," she started. My heart pounded. Holy shit, he flew out by himself to see me? It was unreal, but scary that something had gone wrong. "I just got a phone call from the police saying that he was in a car accident. They're taking him to the hospital by your house. You need to go over there and see him. No one else is there for him." She cried. I stopped walking to my car, stunned. This couldn't be happening. No no no no.

"I'll go there now. I'll call you when I get there." I said, my voice shaking. I took a deep breath before hanging up. I continued to breath heavily, not moving an inch. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening.

I finally sped walked to my car and got in. I don't think I've ever driven out of my neighborhood so fast. My heart was beating so hard that it hurt. My hands shook but I tried to keep them firm on the wheel. I didn't cry until I pulled up to the light in front of the hospital. It was all my fault. If I hadn't have been such a over reactive bitch none of this what have happened.

I rushed through the emergency entrance in the hospital. I walked up to the desk. The lady doing paperwork gave me a worried look. I glanced behind me. The waiting room was completely empty.

"Are you okay sweetheart? Should I get you a wheelchair before I call for a doctor?" She called over her desk.

That's when I realized that I was shaking so bad that I could hardly stand up straight. Tears flooded my eyes and the room felt as if it was spinning.

"No, I'm fine. I just, I came to visit someone and I figured through here would be the fastest way." I babbled. I steadied myself by holding onto the ledge of the desk. I had to see Austin. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Who do you need to see doll?" She asked.

"Austin Carter Mahone. He got in a car accident not to long ago. He's only been here for about an hour." Speaking was difficult. My voice shook and I had a catch in the back of my throat.