The Void

Dom sat there, dazzled, almost as if he'd just awoken from a deep sleep. This wasn't the hospital ward. It was literally just a black void.
"The fuck? Hello?" He called out, his voice echoing around. Disorientated, he shifted his gaze around the little space he was sat in, hoping for something to emerge.

"Dom."
A voice called out. The voice was neither strong or frail, neither harsh or soft. It was just a voice. It sliced through the sickening silence, causing Dom's eyes to light up in hope.
"Yes?" He almost shouted back, a little too eagerly. He needed answers.
"Mind controlled drones, destruction ends all wars."
The sentence faded out as the presence Dom felt faded too.
"W-Wait! What do you... mean.." He whined. He wasn't going to get anywhere if he didn't know what the fuck was going on.

"Fuck..!" He shouted. He was angry at the drones. Angry at the world. And angry at himself.
"If only I didn't let that drone kill me. I abandoned Matt. He probably doesn't think I ever loved him. Fuck." He sobbed, the words catching in his throat. He let the tears fall, it felt good. Like a weight lifted off of his shoulders. He sat there on his knees, wiping away at his face to get rid of the tear stains. If only he could reassure Matt.
"I will come back!!"
He half moaned, half screamed as a dull pain began to throb at the front of his head, taking over as Dom collapsed in the middle of the dark void.